Bill W

tunaholic
  • Jan 12, 2006
    Chino Hills, Ca.
    Name
    Bill Walsh
    Boat
    Red Rooster
    Used to work on the Grande with Scott McDanials. He had the galley concessions. Every day he would get on the PA and go through a exaggerated speech asking the cook to make him a yummy Yama-Yama Grande hamburger.
    God I hate reliving that.

Reactions: Ratshirt

poncherello

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Jan 11, 2005
    san Diego
    Name
    Jerry
    Boat
    none
    I don’t know any other boat that uses wagyu beef for their burger

We had Wagyu beef burgers on our Intrepid trip. I made a special request to serve burgers on my charter. Chef Brian Torres made an awesome medjool date/jalapeno chutney as a topping. One of the best burgers I’ve ever had on land and the ocean.

I also made a special request on the Vagabond for burgers. Mike Lackey had special made burger sized torta buns. Now that’s service!!

39B96BCA-E27D-4C69-8409-7C533EDD97DB.jpeg

Upvote 0

dsl

• Nov 20, 2017
    California
    Name
    Larry S
    Boat
    Landlover
    We had Wagyu beef burgers on our Intrepid trip. I made a special request to serve burgers on my charter. Chef Brian Torres made an awesome medjool date/jalapeno chutney as a topping. One of the best burgers I’ve ever had on land and the ocean.

I also made a special request on the Vagabond for burgers. Mike Lackey had special made burger sized torta buns. Now that’s service!!

View attachment 1282617
    :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Upvote 0

dctalk523

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Dec 28, 2007
    OC
    Name
    ChoeMan
    Boat
    Never

View attachment 1282617

Once you go long range and experience that kind of food you don’t go back

Upvote 0

dsl

• Nov 20, 2017
    California
    Name
    Larry S
    Boat
    Landlover
    Wagyu Beef Burger
    Although Wagyu beef is prized for its amazing steaks and roasts, that’s led some people to believe the beef isn’t a good fit for making hamburgers, because the flavor will somehow get lost and end up tasting like any other burger. But the opposite is true.

The quality of Wagyu beef ensures you’ll have the ultimate burger, one that’s so buttery, rich, and fantastically textured that it may ruin you for other burgers. Take the risk.
    January 03, 2019

Upvote 0

dsl

• Nov 20, 2017
    California
    Name
    Larry S
    Boat
    Landlover
    Can't remember the boat, but the cook had the best chilie cheese burger.
    :appl:🍔🍔🍔🍔

Upvote 0

joshc1024

Aug 23, 2009
    Menifee
    Name
    Josh
    Boat
    Boat club

View attachment 1282617
    Hoping to try the wagyu burger on our 7 day on the intrepid

Upvote 0

O'side yakker

Almost A Member
    Mar 5, 2007
    Oceanside, CA
    Name
    James
    Boat
    Malibu Kayak
    My very 1st time on a party boat 1/2 day out of S.D. they made us fish sandwiches from our catch on the way back in. I went right back out on the 2nd trip of the day just to get another of those sandwiches.

Reactions: Chicago Pete
    Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
    Name
    Boat
    Oh no. Nothing wrong with a fish sandwich but the boat burger hooks anglers. Long time SD sportfishing heritage

I live in central america, raised on boat burgers. Life got better recently. I found boat burgers in another town. It's a knock off of (five guys) called (five maes) Mae in spanish here is (dude)

Sauce it up once it gets delivered. Cheeseburger with bacon, boat burger. Central America

Heaven. So stoked. Simple things in life

IMG_20210721_221900_edit_25380889983626.jpg

Upvote 0

kevina

• Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    Actually I just thought about a boat with the worst burger and food for that matter. I don't know if it was just the trip I was on or was it that way for their overnight open party trips. (But the trip I was on was appx 3-4 months before the boat crashed into the rocks in Mexico with only 2 crew members on a boat that was stripped of almost everything before they left the dock :confused: appx 16-20 tears ago???) The Cook on the trip I was on was a French kid that barley spoke English and had a strong French accent, maybe some people remember him? The only 2 option's for breakfast; One was scrambled eggs, 1 piece bacon and 2 pcs of white toast, NO hash browns or Potatoes. The second breakfast option for breakfast was the same as option one, But made into a breakfast sandwich! The eggs were burnt beyond recognition along with the bacon, No butter for the toast, Or Salsa, Ketchup, Tapatio to go with your breakfast options. Price $8.75 ( about 20 years ago), That was your breakfast option's. Lunch was either a burger with or without cheese, It came with a small butter chip pickle, 1 SMALL sprig of romaine lettuce , and some fancy mustard design next to your open faced burger and one SMALL bag of plain potato chips, No Onions ,mayo, ketchup or relish. The burger was burnt to a crisp and the bun not even warmed up or toasted, Price $8.00 without cheese and $9.00 with Cheese!!! They also had grilled Cheese sandwiches for $7.00 each, They consisted of 2 pcs white bread and ONE slice of American cheese cooked on the grill without butter, mayo or oil to make it crispy, Just 2 pcs bread on the hot grill to melt the cheese. That was the only options for Food on the boat, No Fruit, candy, chili, nothing. I ended up eating 1 breakfast and 9 grilled cheeses (remember only one slice of cheese on it). My galley bill at the end of the trip for 1 breakfast, 9 grilled cheeses, a few cups of coffee and 8-9 sodas was well over $100 without the tip, remember this was close to 20 years ago! The cook said to anyone that asked to "Not to overcook the eggs or the burgers" He stated to everyone that is the way he cooks his food and doesn't want anyone to get sick? As soon as the boat docked we went over to the restaurant behind Point Loma Sportfishing and got their Biggest Burger they had with onion rings and a vanilla shake, THAT REALLY HIT THE SPOT. That was the worst boat food I've ever had and probably any where else! I'm curious if anyone remembers that cook??

swami 805

Mar 9, 2016
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    sunk it
    Probably the worst burger that still wasn’t really bad I’ve had was on the old sea hawk when Bill was the cook. Absolutely the slowest cook ever, if you wanted a burger for lunch, order it when you’re leaving the harbor. Pretty sure the grill was set just a few degrees over room temperature. Great guy (RIP) but cooking on a boat just wasn’t in his wheelhouse
    Stardust still the best burger on a day boat, LR boat is a whole different topic

Upvote 0

sickcat

Silverback
    Aug 5, 2003
    LA
    Name
    Kerry
    Boat
    Yellow spot
    Oh no. Nothing wrong with a fish sandwich but the boat burger hooks anglers. Long time SD sportfishing heritage

I live in central america, raised on boat burgers. Life got better recently. I found boat burgers in another town. It's a knock off of (five guys) called (five maes) Mae in spanish here is (dude)

Sauce it up once it gets delivered. Cheeseburger with bacon, boat burger. Central America

Heaven. So stoked. Simple things in life

View attachment 1301657

Cheeseburger in Paradise right there!!

Upvote 0

Shane R

Almost A Member
    Jul 30, 2020
    Yucca Valley
    Name
    Shane Reil
    Boat
    Next year hopefully
    The Best boat burger short range boat. Was on the mustang a few weeks ago.
    All the food was outstanding.

Upvote 0

1steveT

Nov 22, 2010
    Carp, CA, USA
    Name
    Steve T.
    Boat
    soon2B
    Probably the worst burger that still wasn’t really bad I’ve had was on the old sea hawk when Bill was the cook. Absolutely the slowest cook ever, if you wanted a burger for lunch, order it when you’re leaving the harbor. Pretty sure the grill was set just a few degrees over room temperature. Great guy (RIP) but cooking on a boat just wasn’t in his wheelhouse
    Stardust still the best burger on a day boat, LR boat is a whole different topic
    Ahhh, good 'ol Crusty Bill.
    You are so spot on about the burgers.
    One of the best things I liked about the twilight trips was the BBQ chicken dinner Merit would cook up on a charcoal BBQ out on the deck.
    I really miss Merit and the Seahawk(s)

Upvote 0

eric perez

stillapinhead
    Mar 3, 2018
    Costa Mesa Ca
    Name
    eric perez
    Boat
    no mas
    Dana Pride and the Sum Fun out of Dana Wharf... a double with bacon and grilled onions... so good when it hits your lips... LOL massive too... Im a pig and I could barely finish...

Reactions: kbray001
    Upvote 0

dvader

Nov 1, 2006
    Long Beach
    Name
    Mike Flanigan
    Boat
    none
    The cook who was on the Gail Force and sometimes on the Triton made burgers and other food that was so big you could hardly get your mouth around it. I would warn people not to get the double cheeseburger because I knew they couldn't finish it. But it was good

Upvote 0

Wahoover

• Jan 5, 2005
    Laguna Niguel
    Name
    jack snipe
    Boat
    Long Range

View attachment 1282617
    The Intrepid served up Waygu burgers for lunch on their 1.5 day July 3rd. I agree it was probably the best if not one of the best burgers I have ever had, anywhere. OMFnG!

Upvote 0