I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 13, 2005
Warren, Oregon
www.meanwhilecharters.com
Name
Randy Kane
Boat
2007 Grady White Marlin, 30.5', w/twin 250's
A few more pieces of the puzzle were delivered.
The lift is cool, the wheels rotate 90° for narrow lanes.
20190130_131511.jpg
20190130_134630.jpg
20190130_142330.jpg

HavasuSun

Jul 15, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Name
Scott
Boat
Proline 32 "Knot Reely”
Is your project a kit? If so, who is the manufacturer? Thanks and good luck!

Meanwhile

Dec 13, 2005
Warren, Oregon
Name
Randy Kane
Boat
I'm having a local contractor build it. He sourced the supplies locally.

G-Spot

Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Salem/OR/USA
Name
John
Boat
53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME
Is your project a kit? If so, who is the manufacturer? Thanks and good luck!
In Oregon pole buildings are very common and “kits” for about any size are put together by the local lumber yards including trusses.

G-Spot

Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Salem/OR/USA
Name
John
Boat
Ready for a crane to lift trusses Monday, weather dependant.View attachment 999618
Well that’s a first for me! Built many and seen many built what do they need a crane for? The reason they deliver the trusses early is the pole building builders simply assemble the trusses together and slide right up the posts before all the wall Perlins. Some use fork lift, some use a center lift, or other methods, but not typically a crane... and the trusses are under the wall frame.... doesn’t look well thought out, but maybe this is a new way....

Meanwhile

Dec 13, 2005
Warren, Oregon
Name
Randy Kane
Boat
GSpot, he is highly rated and I know next to nothing about building. Obviously they need to turn sideways on the 3 inner double trusses. I'll be warm with an Irish coffee but I'll take some photos & videos of the process.

G-Spot

Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Salem/OR/USA
Name
John
Boat
I realize they are doubled... that’s what makes it even harder when the wall frame is up and they have to turn them sideways the get them under the wall frame.... typical construction is to set posts, assemble truss doubles straddling the posts and then raise them straight up the posts by various means and then secure them into place....

Maybe it’s a new process I am unaware of... you are mechanical enough to look at the situation and scratch your head a bit... the trusses are 4’ wider than the wall frame, they have to twist them out of there raise them up and then place them back down fitting the posts back in... looks like a pain in the ass to me...... having built a few, definitely not the way I would do or have seen done.... highly rated? Angie’s list... lol.... hmm.. haven’t seen to many ratings for pole building builders..... I’m suspect...

Last edited: