shfish

Apr 14, 2012
Palolo
Name
Spencer
Boat
Ohana H, 30' Knife
Aloha Gang,

Been out of the water since July, Boat been getting some work done to her:) Took her out last night with my two daughters to one of our "fishing holes" South Side, Launched from SandIsland to test run her for the first time since July. Bite was really good but 2 hours into the bite the winds turned South and water got nasty:( Did not want to make my girls suffer so I pulled anchor and headed in... 46lbs in 2 hours not good but not all that bad for 2 hours of fishing i suppose. Anyway enjoy the pics, hopefully more photos now that boat is operational again.

Aloha,
Capt. H out

IMG_1212.jpg

IMG_1215.JPG

Upvote 0

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
The Girls and Spencer,
Good goin on the nice catch, I know my Captain would be stoked with that cooler.
Cheers
Pat

Upvote 0

Chillaxin

Aug 29, 2013
Oahu west side
Name
John Scharber
Boat
Chillaxin
Great catch! That reminds me, with the offshore action slow right now, I just need to do more bottom fishing. Good job getting the kids out there.

John

Upvote 0

Butakuchi

Mar 9, 2013
Honolulu,Hawaii/USA
Name
Cary s. yamauchi
Boat
1959 Crestline 16ft
Spencer no wonder no one has heard any of your families adventures. Glad you folks are fishing again, nice catch it's that time of the year for pachi & aweoweo. Olu had a break from 5-0, so earlier this month we went bottom outside Makapuu. We got some moilua and yellowspot an we got lucky going back with a double Ono. Glad to hear from you again. Aloha Cary

Upvote 0

shfish

Apr 14, 2012
Palolo
Name
Spencer
Boat
Ohana H, 30' Knife
Spencer no wonder no one has heard any of your families adventures. Glad you folks are fishing again, nice catch it's that time of the year for pachi & aweoweo. Olu had a break from 5-0, so earlier this month we went bottom outside Makapuu. We got some moilua and yellowspot an we got lucky going back with a double Ono. Glad to hear from you again. Aloha Cary
Roger that my man! Glad to be Back as well:) Thank you for all the Aloha See you at the Wash Rack soon:)

Upvote 0

shfish

Apr 14, 2012
Palolo
Name
Spencer
Boat
Ohana H, 30' Knife
Aloha Gang,

Been out of the water since July, Boat been getting some work done to her:) Took her out last night with my two daughters to one of our "fishing holes" South Side, Launched from SandIsland to test run her for the first time since July. Bite was really good but 2 hours into the bite the winds turned South and water got nasty:( Did not want to make my girls suffer so I pulled anchor and headed in... 46lbs in 2 hours not good but not all that bad for 2 hours of fishing i suppose. Anyway enjoy the pics, hopefully more photos now that boat is operational again.

Aloha,
Capt. H out

View attachment 551974

View attachment 551975
Here is some of the Pics as requested Ben over at Plas-Tech maker of the Glass-Pro repainted the Draft and re webbed the Deck:)

IMG_5110.jpg

IMG_7302.jpeg

IMG_5626.jpeg

Upvote 0

finishright

May 17, 2008
Oceanside Ca.
Name
Mike Morris
Boat
prowler kayak
nice to be back in the water I just helped a good friend re-do a cabo 226 went thru the whole boat now getting mahi's and ahi right off the beach here in cali it has been a great year looks like you have some up and coming captains have fun be safe

Upvote 0
P

Paddyman1

Aloha Gang,

Aloha,
Capt. H out

View attachment 551974

View attachment 551975
Aloha Spencer!

Just curious what type of fish that is in the box? Unfamiliar here in SoCal.

Thanks

Upvote 0

shfish

Apr 14, 2012
Palolo
Name
Spencer
Boat
Ohana H, 30' Knife
Aloha Spencer!

Just curious what type of fish that is in the box? Unfamiliar here in SoCal.

Thanks
Sorry for the late reply, we call it Menpachi and Aweoweo here in Hawaii, the Aweoweo (or Glass eye) is great in the frying pan!!! the Menpachi is optional soup, fried steamed and i have heard of other way to prepare it however I prefer the Aweoweo

Upvote 0
P

Paddyman1

Sorry for the late reply, we call it Menpachi and Aweoweo here in Hawaii, the Aweoweo (or Glass eye) is great in the frying pan!!! the Menpachi is optional soup, fried steamed and i have heard of other way to prepare it however I prefer the Aweoweo
Thanks, Spencer! Tight lines

Upvote 0