PENN

sam1963

Jun 6, 2007
Huntington Beach
Name
Sam Murphy
Boat
12.5' Fish N Dive
I'm surprised nobody jumped your ass for boat bashing yet. The last trip I went on that boat was about two years ago,It was a 3 day trip and we went south and we fished the same kelp for 2 days for a few neck tie dodo's and two yellow fin tuna, one nice one for me; NO SHIT the same kelp for 2 days. the crew marked it with a big blue trash bag, we drove around it a lot but mostly we just parked it and fished it for crap a $90 fuel surcharge was attached for that trip.
For the last supper we had spaghetti while the crew dined on stake. The spaghetti was good but the stakes looked good and smelled good too. they must not have had enough for all us fishermen.
It did turn out to be a good trip for me because I did get a $300 JP yellow fin tuna.
The year before that the skiper quit on the 3rd day of a three & 1/2 day trip, Imagine waking up to the engines rumbling down and going up on deck expecting to see a kelp or a jig stop and looking at the :finger:ing dock at H&M, But that was a good trip too I got TWO $300 jack pots on that trip, no shit .:rofl:
Glad to hear nothing's changed .
Better luck next time.

Upvote 0

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
I'm surprised nobody jumped your ass for boat bashing yet.

that is because he is not "bashing" them.....he is telling it like it was.

Upvote 0

zdog

Almost A Member
Aug 10, 2011
Oceanside, CA
Name
Zach
Boat
Your boat
Well fuck. It seems as if I've done myself in. I'm scheduled to go on a 1.5 day trip on this boat next weekend, and so far, for the most part all I've read is shitty experiences...hopefully it wont suck ass...I only get to go on one small trip a year...:shithappens:

Upvote 0

jayyyy

I Should Upgrade My Account
Oct 7, 2008
NorCal
Name
jay
Boat
'04 Sea Pro 220 WA / 225 Honda
Well fuck. It seems as if I've done myself in. I'm scheduled to go on a 1.5 day trip on this boat next weekend, and so far, for the most part all I've read is shitty experiences...hopefully it wont suck ass...I only get to go on one small trip a year...:shithappens:

Just lower your expectations and make the best of it. I was in the same situation as you several years ago, and yeah this operation sucks in every possible category. Hopefully you have a good time regardless.

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
Oct 20, 2008
San Marcos
Name
Brandon
Boat
Sportboat
Just lower your expectations and make the best of it. I was in the same situation as you several years ago, and yeah this operation sucks in every possible category. Hopefully you have a good time regardless.

Or get on another boat, the bms is the worst boat in the fleet.

Upvote 0

Vroddragon

May 15, 2010
Temecula, Cali
Name
Philip
Boat
none
Went on a 2 1/2 trip. When I called in and scheduled trip it was 550.00 doolars with no additional charges....... I get there and lo and behold the Capt. made a decision to go to the 140 mile mark and now there will be a 25.00 dollar fuel surcharge. He decided he did not want to compete with all the other boats where the fish are actually at. Ok we all put in our 25.00 dollar surcharge "grumble grumble" not happy but ok. We leave at 9:00pm and yeah Super Bad Vibes on this boat. We get to the fishing spot about 11:30 the next morning and we are the only boat there. Wonder why. Oh yeah no fish!!! The bat was doing poorly because we had to go through colder water and bait apparantly cant handle temperature changes which the Capt told us in detail. Well 14 1/2 hours after leaving we started to look around for fish. Nothing, must be why there are no other boats there. Wasted the rest of the day fishing around there and the total count for the day = 0 nada zeroooooo. Capt decides he made a bad call and now we are off to the 50-60 mile area. Well we have to go through cold water again and gues what, the bait really didnt like it the second time. We lost 90% of our bait and when we start fishing the next day we have to conserve bait. Are you kidding me. The Bright and Morning Star is the worst fishing boat, crew I have ever fished on. I do not recommend this boat and would not go on the B M shit for free. :_diarrhea_::shithappens::Emoticon_Potty_Time:Poop_and_Run::zelfmoord:deadhorse Do not BOOK This BOAT ever.

Upvote 0

Skip Jackson

Recovering LandLubber
Feb 7, 2003
Lakeside Trailer Park
Visit site
Name
Dave
Boat
31' Aiwych
Different boat, but I can relate to the 1.5 day trip, Get bait and sit at the barge for well over an hour AFTER the bait was loaded, 6 kph run 45 miles south with a $15 fuel surcharge (WTF). Caught fish, yes, OK. Some drifts kinda long and off the fish bite. Then a 2-3 hour run east for the crew to clean fish and wash the boat. Then head north and return to dock 4 hours ahead of schedule.

Times are tough, but this has me thinking long and hard about getting on another charter boat.

Upvote 0

dkd711

Skunk Master...
Jun 7, 2008
Huntington Beach
Name
Duke
Boat
"WFO SKUNK"

Dude, cancel and rebook on a reputable boat. You will hate yourself for not listening to your instincts!

Upvote 0

Skip Jackson

Recovering LandLubber
Feb 7, 2003
Lakeside Trailer Park
Visit site
Name
Dave
Boat
31' Aiwych
yeah, my only trip on it was forgettable, other than leaving my boots onboard, my fault

Upvote 0

6xJr

Almost A Member
Feb 11, 2005
Encinitas
Name
Nate
Boat
25WA Hydra-sports

Jump on the Condor, or the Legend, or the Holiday I'm sure they have trips running this weekend...

Upvote 0

bassnet

Nov 30, 2003
OC
www.bassackwardsoc.com
Name
Chris
Boat
2007 Champion 183
Not trying to slam, but one of the worst trips I had was on this boat- the deckhands were mostly clowns that had made bad decisions in life and the owner was trying to help them out by showing them Jesus or something- that's great, but made for a crappy trip, boat did have decent staterooms but I'll never ride it again.

This was probably 8 years ago, but sounds like it's still the same- too bad, it is a nice boat...

Upvote 0

zdog

Almost A Member
Aug 10, 2011
Oceanside, CA
Name
Zach
Boat
Your boat
Well, Im just gonna suck it up and hope for the best. I have 2 very good friends that are going with me...one of them has been on the boat before and had a good experience...so hopefully that will repeat itself. I will be sure to post a fair, detailed report when we get back. Cheers:hali_olutta:

Upvote 0

bonescustoms

Captain....Actually, ya
Jul 29, 2008
HB
Name
steven
Boat
stolen
Well, Im just gonna suck it up and hope for the best. I have 2 very good friends that are going with me...one of them has been on the boat before and had a good experience...so hopefully that will repeat itself. I will be sure to post a fair, detailed report when we get back. Cheers:hali_olutta:

You for real bro????
Theres so many good boats and soo few trips that fishermen like myself (sounds like you too) actually can afford to go on. If your bros have internet access, show them this. Dont reward mediocrity by giving them your business. Why would they change their slacker routine if peeps keep showin up with open wallets?
Give the good boats with tight, hardworking crews your business. you'll have a good experience.

Upvote 0

zdog

Almost A Member
Aug 10, 2011
Oceanside, CA
Name
Zach
Boat
Your boat
You for real bro????
Theres so many good boats and soo few trips that fishermen like myself (sounds like you too) actually can afford to go on. If your bros have internet access, show them this. Dont reward mediocrity by giving them your business. Why would they change their slacker routine if peeps keep showin up with open wallets?
Give the good boats with tight, hardworking crews your business. you'll have a good experience.

Yeah dude, why not? I've heard GOOD along with the bad. I'm sure you can probably say that about most boats? Yeah, I've heard probably more bad than good which is unfortunate, however as I said in a previous post, my friend that is going with me on this trip has been on this boat before and said everything was fine and he was stoked on the trip....anyways...this is posted on their website...

"APPLIES TO ALL TRIPS
Advanced rates are available up to 30 days prior to any trip. Upon booking, a 50% deposit is required. All balances are due 30 days prior to
trip departure.
All cancellations must be received in writing 60 days prior to trip in order to receive a refund (a 10% processing fee will be charged).
Deposits on trips cancelled within 60 days are non-refundable.
Trips may be overbooked by one. Passengers should check-in no later than 2 hours prior to departure.
Fuel surcharges are applicable when boat fuel price is above $2.50 per gallon."

I've already paid IN FULL for my entire trip. Plus, this is their "Military/police/firefighter" trip...Im active military which means I get a 350$ trip for 275$ I'm just gonna stay positive and be amped to get out there...I'll catch fish! WATCH!

Upvote 0