Almost A Member
Mar 6, 2012
Lakewood
Name
dennis
Boat
205 chapparal
i accedently posted this in central report

On monday night took the last reservation on the mission belle for tuesday trip left at 3am from long beach about 2 hour drive to san diego check in and got #7 Boat left @6am got good bait and off we go for about 3hr or drive to fishing ground first stop on a small foamer a sniper hook up but broke off thats it for that stop second stop on foamer no one hook up third stop deep sonar mark Deck hand chumed to get the fish on top and fish responded this is the best stop of the day drift for about 1 1/2-2hr blue fin and yellow fin mixed in 30-40lbs and some bigger grade mixed in too i got 3 on this stop 45lbs yellowfin and 2 small blue fin then the goes by looking and stopping on foamer for 1-3 fish each stop i end up landing 4 blue and 1 yellowfin. My biggest fish today 65# blue fin on spring scale at home.
as for the set up i was using 1 fish on sinker rig speed master 16II up and the rest is on.Fathom 15 LD 2speed. 65 power pro and about 100yrd 25# of invisix top shot, using size circle hook caught 3 fish on same hook lucky number 7that day went 5/5 all on bait

D5385258-7BFF-44A4-AADF-3348F22BD8B0.jpeg

ED19604C-CA88-4C8F-BA2E-9B705BDF049C.jpeg

08ADC76D-5328-401D-AA08-327B65A12206.jpeg

C8E9F3E7-0EB8-4BC2-A93B-6B818BE7360C.jpeg

54004BBE-8267-4D40-AE35-6CFB63ADB8FF.jpeg

Upvote 0

Castlepadre

Almost A Member
Jan 28, 2020
Costa Mesa
Name
Mateo
Boat
WorldCat
i accedently posted this in central report

On monday night took the last reservation on the mission belle for tuesday trip left at 3am from long beach about 2 hour drive to san diego check in and got #7 Boat left @6am got good bait and off we go for about 3hr or drive to fishing ground first stop on a small foamer a sniper hook up but broke off thats it for that stop second stop on foamer no one hook up third stop deep sonar mark Deck hand chumed to get the fish on top and fish responded this is the best stop of the day drift for about 1 1/2-2hr blue fin and yellow fin mixed in 30-40lbs and some bigger grade mixed in too i got 3 on this stop 45lbs yellowfin and 2 small blue fin then the goes by looking and stopping on foamer for 1-3 fish each stop i end up landing 4 blue and 1 yellowfin. My biggest fish today 65# blue fin on spring scale at home.
as for the set up i was using 1 fish on sinker rig speed master 16II up and the rest is on.Fathom 15 LD 2speed. 65 power pro and about 100yrd 25# of invisix top shot, using size circle hook caught 3 fish on same hook lucky number 7that day went 5/5 all on bait

View attachment 1171262

View attachment 1171263

View attachment 1171264

View attachment 1171265

View attachment 1171266
How much weight on your sinker rig? Nice fish,

Upvote 0

bdogie1

• May 27, 2015
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    getsome
    That as good a 1 day going to get for bluefin , well done great day !

Upvote 0

Tar Pit

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Mar 7, 2006
    Reno NV
    Name
    Friend of Bucko Shaw
    Boat
    None.
    Isn’t the limit2? That’s a great day.

Yes. I bet the DFW will be calling the landing today asking why did the skipper allowed this to happen.

Reactions: CartridgeCalls
    Upvote 0

jarocho

Sep 8, 2006
    san diego
    Name
    ben
    Boat
    17 ft, Seaswirl
    You were on fire! Good job NewGuy. I couldn't catch a break until I got my 74lb bluefin. I was broken or bitten off 3 times previous. Great boat, great crew and excellent captain. All Mexican limits were enforced at all times. People who caught more than 2 bluefin had to give the extra bluefin to people who caught nothing.

The boat practiced excellent safety measures, constantly reminding people to wear masks at all times.

This boat followed all the current rules explicitly. We stayed out late on the grounds and didn't back until 8:30 or so. The captain and crew worked extremely hard to get us on the fish. They were polite, helpful and fun. The captain told us exactly where the fish were in the water column and what rig to use.

These boats just want to stay open and fish right now and for that reason they follow all Covid-19 regulations as well as fish and game rules. They don't want to be shut down and are trying to make a responsible living.

This is one of the only places in the world where you can jump on an open party trip and have a chance of catching a triple digit Bluefin a few hours from the dock.

Get out there while you can!

Upvote 0

cksea

<*}}}<
    Apr 16, 2005
    SD
    Name
    CKSEA
    Boat
    PORTA
    I have never seen anything related to boat limits in the mexican regulations, I assume regs are per angler.
    If they were playing by CA regs see below.

They were likely fishing MX water.

4) Upon completion of a fishing trip aboard a vessel, each licensed angler or person otherwise authorized to sport fish may not possess more than the individual daily bag and possession limits.For purposes of this section, a trip is completed at the time a person disembarks from a vessel and individual possession limits apply. Special boat limit provisions apply to persons fishing aboard commercial passenger fishing vessels reporting pursuant to Section 195, Title 14, CCR.

Upvote 0

kevina

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    [email protected] castlepadre i was 5 once torpedo on the sinker rig.

@ onehottip yes limit 2 that you take but does not mean you stop fishing once you reach you limit you practice catch and release or help a friend who still need a fish.
    Yeah he released them right into the cooler. At the end of the day he has a pile of fish with #7 still on them????

Upvote 0

Linh B

Take me fishing
    Jun 13, 2014
    San Diego
    Name
    Linh
    Boat
    none
    You catch limits for the boat. At the end of the trip you pick the ones you want to keep and give the rest away. If my first 2 fish are 10lbs and my 3rd fish is 60lbs I wouldn’t want to give that 60lbs away. So you put your number on all your fish until the end.

Upvote 0