Saba Slayer

Saba Slayer
Oct 19, 2004
Palos Verdes
Name
Jim Salazar
Boat
18' Welcraft CC, Hobie PA 14 and Hobie Outback
Morons...can't even get the name of the fish correct...!!!
IMG_7391.JPG

Jim / Saba Slayer

Hobie_Team_Avitar.gif

CCA_White_SeaBass_Sticker_CMYK-2.jpg

Upvote 0

Blackfish

Marble collector.
Sep 20, 2005
My Backyard
Name
Boat
toy
Don't they know it's called a BlueTailTunafish.

Upvote 0

Bottom Line

Village idiot
Jul 9, 2006
Warner Springs
Name
Steve
Boat
Invader CC - Bottom Line
Well Jacques Cousteau identified yellowtail as yellowtail tuna and the species/name confusion continues....

Upvote 0

Anello

Giddy Up!!!
Apr 9, 2003
SD, CA.
Name
Dan
Boat
No
I am very impressed. Our state is very informed on environmental issues. Bluefish Tuna need protection. So, too, do Mountain Lions, the Delta Smelt, and Sea Lions.

Upvote 0

titos334

VIP Elite Member
Aug 19, 2012
Hell
Name
Kevin
Boat
Rainbow Surprise
Poor Debs, probably spent tried to do solid work and the editor shoots it in the foot

Upvote 0

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
Well if they do write laws to protect the Bluefish Tuna we should be alright,not many of them are caught around here.

Upvote 0

matt86m

Not worthy of a Title
Apr 6, 2010
Fountain Valley, CA
Name
Matt
Boat
20' Tiara Pursuit
Let them pass the protection act listing the 'Bluefish Tuna' as protected. We can still catch the real fish - don't want to say in case they are reading,,,,shhhhhh

Upvote 0

Bottom Line

Village idiot
Jul 9, 2006
Warner Springs
Name
Steve
Boat
Invader CC - Bottom Line
It gets worse - apparently there were bluefish tuna in 2007 as well.

http://www.treehugger.com/natural-sciences/worlds-first-sustainable-tuna-fishery-certified.html

The San Diego, Calif.-based American Albacore Fishing Association (AAFA) is the first sustainable tuna fishery to be officially certified by the Marine Stewardship Council, an independent non-profit organization that promotes environmental responsibility in an industry plagued by overfishing and accidental bycatch.

Sushi and sashimi lovers take note: Overfishing has caused a dramatic decline in the bluefish tuna population, with the species at risk for extinction in some areas, according to a series of studies by the Census of Marine Life and other researchers.

The World Wildlife Fund (WWF) sponsored the assessment of the fishery. "If we want our grandchildren to have tuna on their dinner plates and in the sea, sustainable tuna fishing practices must be adopted," said Meredith Lopuch, Community Fisheries Program Director with WWF in the United States. Customers will be able to buy MSC-certified tuna in stores nationwide later this year.

Upvote 0

reel man

Common sense
Dec 31, 2004
Burbank, CA
Name
Jerry
Boat
Spirit of Adventure
These same journalists are responsible for shaping the opinions of many sheep.
All right guys, I know for a fact there are bluegill tuna fish out there, and Lord knows they need our protection especially from all the drought conditions we've experienced.

Oh, by the way, what super markets, or fish stores are going to be selling blue fish tuna to our children, and their children when no one will be allowed to catch them?

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
delete!

Last edited:
Upvote 0