FishRock

Still trying to figure it all out
Mar 27, 2013
Alaska
Name
JAM
Boat
Thunnus - 22' Koffler BayBee (1990)
Looks like the Intrepid and the Rooster have found good numbers of biting Bluefin.

Probably want to have that 80 - 100 lb. rig available on coming 3-5 day trips.

Rooster

"This isn't the best magazine quality snapshot but it's a fun shot of John with his big tuna. We are wrapping up this 3-day charter and heading for San Diego. We saw a lot of fish today, making stops all day. We hooked a good amount of bluefin but the vast majority got away. This group of guys really had a great attitude all day and tried to make the most of their opportunities. It's too bad our hook to land ratio was so lopsided."

Intrepid

"We finished up our 5 Day Amero charter with some big ones. A little trophy hunting before we head in. We ended our trip with limits of Bluefin Tuna and a couple handfulls of 50lb plus grade Yellowfin. Jackpot winners-
3rd place-Scott Moll 60lb Yellowfin Tuna
2nd place-Gino Elias 83lb Bluefin Tuna
1st-Lester Lira 135lb Bluefin Tuna
And a honorable mention to Adrian Murillo with his personal best Bluefin Tuna. 132lb"

Reactions: Texlee

FishRock

Still trying to figure it all out
Mar 27, 2013
Alaska
Name
JAM
Boat
Thunnus - 22' Koffler BayBee (1990)
I'm on the RR3 Phenix Sept 16, 6 day trip. I haven't fished in 4 yrs and the timing looks pretty good.
Gary,

Good time of year for variety, hope you have a great trip!

scarygary55

Feb 27, 2017
Menifee
Name
Gary
Boat
Queen Mary
Gary,

Good time of year for variety, hope you have a great trip!
Thanks I can't wait, my last trip was a 4 day Charkbait charter on RR3. We got into 130-150lb bluefin and I was way undergunned. Hopefully I get a 2nd chance

greatbasin

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 22, 2007
Idaho
Name
Greg
Boat
Knot Yet
Looks like the Intrepid and the Rooster have found good numbers of biting Bluefin.
That's good, I saw that report, very encouraging. Now the Intrepid is down about 150 miles south of Cedros. I'm curious to see what they put together this trip

ChuckAZ

Aug 8, 2014
Name
Chuck
Boat
noname
I've seen that the boats are reporting a lot of bites, but also a ton of losses. Last year at this time we were using 40lb to get them to bite. Is it possible they aren't biting 80 to 100lb? Any insights?

Rauterki

The worst fisherman on the boat
Oct 8, 2009
San Clemente, CA
www.crossfittothecore.com
Name
Jon
Boat
I'm in the market. Make me an offer I can't refuse.
I'm on the RR3 Phenix Sept 16, 6 day trip. I haven't fished in 4 yrs and the timing looks pretty good.
I'm on the same trip. Waiting for the next two weeks to go by is gonna be worse than waiting for summer vacation to start...

lee337

ahuntnfisherman
Apr 19, 2014
Name
larry lee
Boat
bass boat
HaHa guys i'm on the Izorline right in front of you. My wait is 6 days shorter than yours!!!

Reactions: Rauterki