PENN

kdrouet

Sep 10, 2008
San Diego, CA
Name
Dude
Boat
M40 Knight and Carver
We fished today around the 312 area and worked 6 miles east of the 209. We saw a lot of tuna and boils popping up and some bird schools. The first fish landed was on a 50 lb fluoro top shot on a flyline sardine with a long soak....25 lbs. The second fish was on a paddy around the same general area. This one was a little larger and was 40 lbs. It was also caught on a 50 lb fluoro top shot.

We heard of a few fish hooked up on troll but the key for us was finding bird schools and looking for paddys.

No monster tuna on this trip but we did see 100 lb tunas boiling today.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Paul Ward

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jul 17, 2007
Costa Mesa
Name
wooddog
Boat
Boaty
Like the picture of the GPS numbers. Thats a good area to start searching ,they should be popping up here and there this side of the border.

Upvote 0

kdrouet

Sep 10, 2008
San Diego, CA
Name
Dude
Boat
M40 Knight and Carver
We got some video. I need to take a look at it and get it loaded up. It was a great day today. Nice flat seas with sun coming out in the afternoon.

Reactions: Calz20
Upvote 0

garlicsalt

Jul 18, 2014
pitted.
Name
jed
Boat
''the twisted ducker''
i knew i should have jus sat down and watched the tube. but no, check BD for the 6th time to day. bad call.............tweeeeking hard on these reports. freeeking nuts.

Reactions: Chubby Tuna
Upvote 0

speedyslow

May 28, 2015
Name
Jack
Boat
SkipJack
i am not too familiar with fishing term. what do you mean by "on a flyline sardine with a long soak" ?

Upvote 0

smazza123

1997 Spectrum great riding skiff
Aug 29, 2014
Oceanside
Name
steve mazza
Boat
19' spectrum
Report much appreciated. Especially the gps numbers. The ocean is a big place. Its nice to have an Idea were to start. Guess its time to get the skiff out.

Tight lines all

Upvote 0

Lotsa Luck

Almost A Member
Oct 18, 2004
Hyatt Marina Mission Bay
Name
Don Luckenbach, 100 Ton Capt.
Boat
35' Cabo Express, Lotsa Luck II
We fished today around the 312 area and worked 6 miles east of the 209. We saw a lot of tuna and boils popping up and some bird schools. The first fish landed was on a 50 lb fluoro top shot on a flyline sardine with a long soak....25 lbs. The second fish was on a paddy around the same general area. This one was a little larger and was 40 lbs. It was also caught on a 50 lb fluoro top shot.

We heard of a few fish hooked up on troll but the key for us was finding bird schools and looking for paddys.

No monster tuna on this trip but we did see 100 lb tunas boiling today.

View attachment 594074

View attachment 594075

View attachment 594076

Great job guys!

Upvote 0

Raimond

Not as lean, not as mean, still a Marine...
Mar 9, 2014
SoCal
Name
Ray
Boat
23' IMP Hardtop - "4 Reel"
Nice catch. Should of let the young guy keep the gaff. : farmer :

Reactions: Bajangler
Upvote 0

Latest posts