RodRage

Share the stoke!
  • Sep 7, 2017
    Surf City Ca.
    Name
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    Watched the vid when I woke up and that fucking songs been in my head all morning , THANX!

Upvote 0

Shewillbemine

"should of" is NOT a thing
  • Oct 19, 2012
    California
    Name
    Shewillbemine
    Boat
    Chips N Guac
    what happened to your bow rail? where were you?

Typically, rails are cut like that to allow for a trolling motor or easier access to the boat from dock. Sometimes it's on a hinge that can be swung open and sometimes it's like a pipe you can remove as needed.

Upvote 0

Baja Belk

Long sappy fish stories.
    Sep 8, 2009
    San Diego/CA/USA
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    18.5 Striper CC - Puro Grande
    what happened to your bow rail? where were you?

Typically, rails are cut like that to allow for a trolling motor or easier access to the boat from dock. Sometimes it's on a hinge that can be swung open and sometimes it's like a pipe you can remove as needed.

^ That. Was that way when I bought the boat 8 years ago. I took off the trolling motor since I never used it. The missing rail doesn't bother me. If I ever sell the boat you could throw another troller up there or a hoop puller or diving board, whatever.

This is actually a multi-year compilation. Since my sentiment toward foaming BFT hasn't changed much 8-)

The older grainy footage was 2 miles off Mission Beach in 2013 or 2014, I think back before the term "foamer" was nomenclature. I could see the roller coaster all day. No biters.

The one I lost was from a day in 2019. Chased em all day and that was the only bite (pretty sure I snagged it) until the way home when I landed a medium grade on a popper.

Most of the footage was from a couple weeks ago. Had a huge spot that stayed up all to myself in the morning and I threw the kitchen sink at em for nothing, until we got ran over by a half-dozen Parkers and then that was that.

My opportunities have been severely limited this year due to foot surgery and a flooded house, so I'm only 0/2, but clearly bitter about it ha.