Bluefin popped back up at Cortez. WFO yellows as well

Ducksgo

May 19, 2013
Long Beach, CA
Name
Mark
Boat
Someone else's
3/14 Just checked 9seven6tuna and the tribute had a nice snap on them for 15 fish and over 85 yellows. The captain Jake said the yellows were a nuisance to even get to the bluefin on a long soak. Prowler also got a nice snap on them as well.

Hoping this keeps up as I'm back in Cali this upcoming Friday. And you bet your ass I'm going for some bluefin and hog yellows at Cortez.

http://www.Terrence's website/e107_plugins/landing/audio.php?btrack.7.1426381136

Reactions: socalangler22
Upvote 0

gregory

Almost A Member
Jul 1, 2004
da OC
Name
gregory
Boat
float tube
Just got off the Prowler. Flat water. 12 passengers with no newbies! We had pinhead 'choves for bait which made casting n fishing challenging. The boat total of BFT was 5; 2 tuna on the troll, 1 on the slide, 2 on bait (sardine) for the boat. We had about 30 yellows in the 15-25 pounds class, a few bonita n lots of rockfish

Did not bring small hooks. I got 1 yellow n bunch of rockfish.

Can't figure how to post pictures. :confused:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
[QUOTE="gregory, post: 3697865, member: 2842"The boat total of BFT was 5; 2 tuna on the troll, 1 on the slide, 2 on bait (sardine) for the boat.

. :confused:[/QUOTE]
Thats still awesome for March. Good news that 2 were troll fish, they havent been too interested in the troll jigs!

Upvote 0

skipjackrobert

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Apr 2, 2013
The OC
Name
Rob
Boat
The Constitution or Tomahawk with Stan
the yellows were a nuisance? If they were decent size, what a great problem to have....

Reactions: mahyar
Upvote 0

slydawg

Always wishin' I was fishin'
Jul 14, 2004
Alta Loma/Huntington
Name
Billy
Boat
WWW - 25’ Proline
Just got off the Prowler. Flat water. 12 passengers with no newbies! We had pinhead 'choves for bait which made casting n fishing challenging. The boat total of BFT was 5; 2 tuna on the troll, 1 on the slide, 2 on bait (sardine) for the boat. We had about 30 yellows in the 15-25 pounds class, a few bonita n lots of rockfish

Hey Greg. Lets get a trip together locally. Been a while since you Steve and I have fished...

Reactions: peteking
Upvote 0

peteking

Everybody take a look at the bad guy-T. Montana
Apr 21, 2013
Arcadia/CA/USA
Name
Pete King
Boat
Ohana

http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/search/16581683/?q=How+to+post+pictures&o=relevance&c[node]=2

Upvote 0