bradnoble

Backcountry Snowboarder
Aug 8, 2009
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Name
Brad
Boat Name
19' Glasstron
Well, looks like at least a couple of boats got limits yesterday on the bluefin. I think when this weather settles down, they will want to play big time! Heres the reports I found:

Sportfishing Fish Counts For 4-19-22
BoatTrip DetailsDock Totals
New Lo-An
Point Loma Sportfishing
San Diego, CA
25 Anglers
2 Day
100 Bluefin Tuna

Polaris Supreme
Seaforth Sportfishing
San Diego, CA
24 Anglers
2 Day
96 Bluefin Tuna, 5 Yellowtail

the SLIDER

https://multimediabylj.com
Jun 11, 2015
Dana Point
Name
L J
Boat Name
arima - the SLIDER
Growing up and living in Cali for 64 years, traditionally April is Kite Flying season.

giphy (1).gif

Go buy a kite and have some fun with a kid . . .

Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat Name
    several
    Upvote 0

slcbcsmx19

Almost A Member
    Sep 20, 2017
    San Diego
    Name
    Erick Thacker
    Boat Name
    Big
    weather watcher/surfer/fisherman here - the southern hemisphere is firing up, we should be getting consecutive medium sized southwest-south swells over the next few weeks so that should warm up the water, especially if we get some warm days and south wind to coincide.

Unfor-tuna-tly as another bd'er said the wind just isn't quitting. Did the same thing last year almost the entire season, the wind from san fran down the coast wouldn't subside for more than 7 consecutive days. Waters were cool/cold last year with the wind coming around point conception that often. Didn't stop us from having a record year on blue devils, but we'll see how well the exotics fill in.

Fished from shore of SD bay yesterday, millions of microbait in the water. Got a small flatty, buddies got some big spotties, but overall bite was slow. We'll see, it's still early but we're all ready to go. Next trip is May 15th🤞

Upvote 0

nicodemus

Fish, he said softly, aloud. I’ll stay with you...
    Apr 10, 2012
    The 505
    Name
    Nick B
    Boat Name
    African Queen
    Well, looks like at least a couple of boats got limits yesterday on the bluefin. I think when this weather settles down, they will want to play big time! Heres the reports I found:
    Sportfishing Fish Counts For 4-19-22
    BoatTrip DetailsDock Totals
    New Lo-An
    Point Loma Sportfishing
    San Diego, CA
    25 Anglers
    2 Day
    100 Bluefin Tuna

Polaris Supreme
    Seaforth Sportfishing
    San Diego, CA
    24 Anglers
    2 Day
    96 Bluefin Tuna, 5 Yellowtail
    And some bigger ones starting to show...

4-20-2022
    The Fortune called in with 46 (mostly 40 to 50 with 6 @ 90 to 100 lbs) Bluefin Tuna for 16 anglers of their 2 day trip.

Did Tunahead actually say... "WORD" ??? Dude, the 80's want their word back! LOL

Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat Name
    several
    weather watcher/surfer/fisherman here - the southern hemisphere is firing up, we should be getting consecutive medium sized southwest-south swells over the next few weeks so that should warm up the water, especially if we get some warm days and south wind to coincide.

Unfor-tuna-tly as another bd'er said the wind just isn't quitting. Did the same thing last year almost the entire season, the wind from san fran down the coast wouldn't subside for more than 7 consecutive days. Waters were cool/cold last year with the wind coming around point conception that often. Didn't stop us from having a record year on blue devils, but we'll see how well the exotics fill in.

Fished from shore of SD bay yesterday, millions of microbait in the water. Got a small flatty, buddies got some big spotties, but overall bite was slow. We'll see, it's still early but we're all ready to go. Next trip is May 15th🤞
    Windy here in the OC at sunrise on today.
    Glad you got to wind on some fish-bay.
    Better than fishing here on the keyboard LOL

Reactions: slcbcsmx19
    Upvote 0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Land , Air , Sea
    Name
    Sigmund
    Boat Name
    "The Sea Monster"
    Growing up and living in Cali for 64 years, traditionally April is Kite Flying season.

View attachment 1374681
    Go buy a kite and have some fun with a kid . . .
    Hell ya , Mr Slidet
    Got my Great White Kite for my daughter.
    Kites have changed , now made with ripstop and bettr frame. Tight Lines both ways!!

CCFF2403-2BE9-4ADC-8C12-6036D472EF9E.jpeg

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

slcbcsmx19

Almost A Member
    Sep 20, 2017
    San Diego
    Name
    Erick Thacker
    Boat Name
    Big
    bradnoble - Honestly I didn't look hard enough, and right now I'm kicking myself! Thinking back on the conditions, there were a lot of straight silver flashes as we'd retrieve through them, but I didn't get a good look at their sides for dots/no dots or mouth shape. They ranged from maybe an inch long to 3 inches at the most? Hope this helps

Upvote 0