Inshore Bluefin in morro rt now.

John Stidman

Apr 29, 2018
Baketsfield ca
Name
John Stidman
Boat
26ft seaswirl striper,24 ft trophy walkaround,24ft glasply flybridge.
I'm not surprised. I have buddies in Monterey fishing thats seen alot foMers and some reports of them spotted and caught farther north. A guy fought one today, 7 miles out force hours, broke off with gaff in it and swam away.

Screenshot_20210803-162536_Facebook.jpg

Nov 2, 2018
morro bay
Name
justin perkins
Boat
17' boston whaler "Avo Zee"
We saw some smaller 80-100lb fish foaming today, 4 miles off the beach. Due west of the ab farm, 57.8 degree, dirty green water. Couldn’t get any to play. Most of the fish are extremely boat shy, and disappear before you can get within casting distance. Weather was snotty, and covering much area was difficult today. But with a few more boats working together, we should be able to get em to go on the next good weather window. Hard not to get the tuna fever once you’ve seen what we are seeing out here. Let’s see some fish caught outta the home port boys and girls 🤙🤞!

John Stidman

Apr 29, 2018
Baketsfield ca
Name
John Stidman
Boat
We saw some smaller 80-100lb fish foaming today, 4 miles off the beach. Due west of the ab farm, 57.8 degree, dirty green water. Couldn’t get any to play. Most of the fish are extremely boat shy, and disappear before you can get within casting distance. Weather was snotty, and covering much area was difficult today. But with a few more boats working together, we should be able to get em to go on the next good weather window. Hard not to get the tuna fever once you’ve seen what we are seeing out here. Let’s see some fish caught outta the home port boys and girls 🤙🤞!
Most south when trying to run up and cast dont do well. I seen many just staying lil back. Chuming, fly lining bait and trolling cedar plugs. Also slow troll live mac has been effective.

Upvote 0
Nov 2, 2018
morro bay
Name
justin perkins
Boat
Yeah, casting on them around here has never been our approach. It’s troll the lure fast, or troll the live bait slow. up high, and down low. Way way way back, because the fish up here are extremely boat shy, more so than down south.

Reactions: John Stidman

John Stidman

Apr 29, 2018
Baketsfield ca
Name
John Stidman
Boat
Its nice to know others get a chance in home rage. I'm gettingvreadyvto head to Newport again. I'd rather go where I know for a fact they are catching them at least til I catch my first. But ill be taking family rockfishing morro just after this next trip. So maybe we will shoot out and see.

Upvote 0

revolution cng

Almost A Member
  • Sep 3, 2014
    North SLO county
    Name
    keith iaia
    Boat
    Gregor Baja skiff 'Tin Man'
    I've had a week long trip to San Diego planned for a year now and it starts on Sunday. Just my luck I'll leave for SD where the water has rolled and the fish gone down, just in time to see the water clean out up here and the tuna bust WFO. FYI was up by he ab farm this week and there is a crazy amount of sardine and Spanish Mac in the water. We filled our tank in about 40 minutes with just a sabiki

Nov 2, 2018
    morro bay
    Name
    justin perkins
    Boat
    Ok guys, this joke has gone for enough, these poor guys are gonna drive up from LA for nothing. We all had a good laugh at it but let’s move on, we all know it was a good joke.

Nothing to see here but rockfish and sand dabs people.
    😂, absolutely right…it’s all fun and games until guys drive hundreds of miles and realize there’s not even a bait dock up here anymore, let alone any of the prized gamefish BFT. They all left today actually, on their way to Monterey and could be seen all the way up the coast from the 1 along the Big Sur cliffs. Monterey is the place, yeah, Monterey for sure. Get up there and get em guys 👌