Dexter Outdoors

HBsurf fisher

Apr 21, 2020
Huntington Beach
Name
Damien Peters
Boat
Seadoo fish pro
I’m going out of Seaforth next Sunday 4-18 and it’s the earliest I’ve ever gone fishing for Tuna, I’ve been having fun pulling reds but I’m just so ready for some tuna. Since mainly we will be jigging and I’ve had tremendous success this year with red hookup baits I’m curious if anyone thinks or knows if the tuna have been munching on red crab and if I should pick up some new red irons. It’s early and obviously we will find out but I figured I’d play BD and see if anyone knows the Bluefins early season diet.

Upvote 0

shooter21

Aug 30, 2014
Bakersfield
Name
Shane
Boat
Someday
Daiwa SK jigs are fire this time of the year, I'm really wanting to try their FK. I just drop if it's not bit on the way down, reel like mad and it gets bit on the way back.

Reactions: HBsurf fisher

Shimano Penn

I Should Upgrade My Account
Dec 3, 2014
Chula Vista
Name
David
Boat
Fond Memory
Were the bites on the fall or the retrieve ? What size flatfall and how deep were the bites ?
2 of 3 on the fall deep, at least 100'. The first one was "in neutral" :rolleyes: I was all the way out and ready to start retrieving when a hooked up angler headed my way. I chose to do nothing until his fish decided which way to go, while I was waiting the line went tight :D The weather was really snotty, my guess is the rocking of the boat gave that FF all the action it needed. Fish were mostly deep iirc, 100-140'. Both lures were 130 gram Shimano ff's one in Sand Eel and one Blue Sardine. However in another thread a member wrote size and color don't matter if you are in the zone and I totally agree with that.

Upvote 0