mike82

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 19, 2013
west coast
Name
mike
Boat
a fish killing center console
launched dana at about 0530-0600. got a scoop of bait that we never used (don't waste your money).went straight to the 209. saw a huge foamer that didn't bite for us. we learned that you can run right up on a foamer and the fish aren't going anywhere. they continue to gorge. so don't be shy, run right up next to it and cast into the fray. after driving around the 209 for no more foamers we turned north and headed to the 277. before we got to the 277 we found lots of boats and foamer after foamer, with at least half willing to die. wow, what a sight! insane! i've never seen bait pushed to the surface to this degree before. truly a sight! ended the day with limits plus and several lost (pulled hook, snapped line, lost at gaff; you know what i'm talking about). best fish was probably a good 50 lb.

there's an absolutely INSANE quantity of fish out there. INSANE quantity! do i need to post pics, or have you all seen enough already this season to last a lifetime?

Ahkhuang

• Mar 11, 2021
    Los Angeles, California
    www.bdoutdoors.com
    Name
    Albert Huang
    Boat
    1975 Hatteras 36C
    Upvote 0

catmendo

Catfisher
    Nov 27, 2011
    Bonsall, CA
    Name
    Paul Droluk
    Boat
    Telluride - Alwoplast 45
    We spent the day at the 209/312, just a short distance away for nada.
    Likely a stupid question, but if anyone there had chosen to share that info at the time, what channel would they have been yacking on?

Upvote 0

mhanson59hb

Fear No Fish
  • Apr 22, 2013
    Huntington Beach
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    2008 Trophy 1802 "Mako My Day"
    Great job! Best season ever and I can't even walk right now. Boats running great. Me? Not so much.....

Reactions: Mateo el Flaco
    Upvote 0

mike82

Aug 19, 2013
    west coast
    Name
    mike
    Boat
    Epic. My damn boat repower can’t be finished soon enough
    speaking of boat issues. we lost our ability to turn left... sort of. i clearly have air in my hydraulic steering system that's not noticeable at idle speed. under power and the force of the water on the lower unit the wheel spins in circles to the left and takes FOREVER to eventually turn the boat. what a pain in the ass being offshore and you can't turn left. but we made it work and now we have fresh BFT.

H
    Hey-19
    Guess your boat isn’t a big NASCAR fan🤣
    Upvote 0
    T
    timcicconi
    Had the same problem, ended up being the middle shaft seal, new shaft 180.00 from Sierra, replaced everything thing else including helm . sucks spinning the wheel just to go straight
    • Haha
    Reactions: mike82
    Upvote 0

mike82

Aug 19, 2013
    west coast
    Name
    mike
    Boat
    We spent the day at the 209/312, just a short distance away for nada.
    Likely a stupid question, but if anyone there had chosen to share that info at the time, what channel would they have been yacking on?
    my original plan was to start at 209 and then south toward 312 (based on previous reports). after the first non-biting foamer at the 209 we actually turned toward the 312 for a bit. we saw nothing then made the call to head north toward the 277. so glad we turned north. once in the zone we probably could've sat in one spot waiting for the next foamer to pop up close to us. that's how many there were. they were everywhere. 71-72 deg water.

Upvote 0

Shewillbemine

"should of" is NOT a thing
  • Oct 19, 2012
    California
    Name
    Shewillbemine
    Boat
    Chips N Guac
    I love everything about this post except the suggestion to run over them.

Can't tell if that was sarcasm or legit tactics, because everyone who's been out has reported how boat shy these bluefin have been. My experience included.

Bryantttt
    Bryantttt
    I was wondering about that. Not sure if he meant run over then as apposed to drive close to them?
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0