Dexter Outdoors

ny2sd

Jan 3, 2010
NY,NY
Name
Frank
Boat
Rowboat
I done a few long range trip in the past years I alway done limited load trips so I get my own stateroom .. I’m looking for a boat that fishes for those BLUEFIN TUNA that does anywhere from 1.5-3 days trip or possibly longer that just has bunks to sleep and doesn’t take to many people Possibly something like the tomahawk???? Thanks frank

Upvote 0

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....
Tomahawk is a good option, so is Condor, NLA, just to name a few. Lots of boats in this category.

Upvote 0

2Rotten

Live in Oregon/Love to Fish San Diego!
Jan 10, 2010
Junction City OR
Name
Rod Lathrop
Boat
24' North River Seahawk Hardtop "Sun Dog"
I have had great experiences with both New Lo-An and Tomahawk for BFT. Very good value, great crews, and excellent hard-charging captains. No State Rooms; both boats have large shared bunk rooms. Great vibe on both boats.

Upvote 0

kevina

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    I would look into the SOA they have some REAL Limited Loads of 14 passengers, A little pricey ($780), But your chances of not tangling other fish is better than 30 people on the other smaller boats. SOA is 88'x25'. 14 people can all fish the stern at the same time. If I was in your shoes, I'd be all over it, just like stink on shit, If I was planning a trip to get on. Not to mention killer food and staterooms and a well kept up boat.

Reactions: Leo Montana
    Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
    Jan 2, 2005
    Bishop
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
    Surprised to see openings on the Vagabond. They’re running a limited load season with 22 anglers. If I were going to book a 3 day, I’d be on the phone with them.

Upvote 0

jayyyy

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Oct 7, 2008
    NorCal
    Name
    jay
    Boat
    '04 Sea Pro 220 WA / 225 Honda
    It would be a shorter list to give the boats to avoid, all the boats given so far do a great job.

Reactions: FishRock
    Upvote 0

Dave Coopman

Almost A Member
    May 26, 2019
    Huntington Beach
    Name
    Dave Coopman
    Boat
    Judge 27
    Listening to “let’s talk hook up” podcast. Art Taylor of the Searcher said they had openings next week for a 3 day with 17 passengers. It still had openings. I think they added it to their schedule last week.

Reactions: caballo del mar
    Upvote 0

wtrbrdm

1143 Miles From The Landing
    Apr 5, 2016
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Name
    Ben
    Boat
    Excel
    The way they've been biting.....anything with engines and props....as long as it floats.

Upvote 0