fishybuzz
Apr 4, 2003
Tucson
Visit site
Name
David Tang
Boat
Intrepid
Just read the report from yesterday...limits of bluefin on one stop......go get them guys......looks like they may have gotten hungry....

Bill W

tunaholic
Jan 12, 2006
Chino Hills, Ca.
Name
Bill Walsh
Boat
Red Rooster
Just read the report from yesterday...limits of bluefin on one stop......go get them guys......looks like they may have gotten hungry....
Should have been here yesterday...

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
And a good school for the guys on the Angler, too. Sun, 8/28

"The only thing that could have made the day any better was if there were a few big fish in the mix. What do you think happened next? Of course we found a bunch of 25-45lb bluefin and as you might have guessed....we connected. Everyone on the boat landed one of these trophies..."

screamingreel

Long Range Fanatic
Jan 14, 2006
Hayward CA
longrangesportfishingsandiego.com
Name
Jeff Burroughs
Boat
Long Range and Private
Good to hear the fleet has found biting fish. Considering fishing was tough earlier in the summer, are we now calling 25-45 Bluefin trophies? I guess it is all relative.

Can't wait to go on my trip and possibly catch a trophy too!!

- Jeff

And a good school for the guys on the Angler, too. Sun, 8/28

"The only thing that could have made the day any better was if there were a few big fish in the mix. What do you think happened next? Of course we found a bunch of 25-45lb bluefin and as you might have guessed....we connected. Everyone on the boat landed one of these trophies..."

Genozzz

Genozzz
Apr 12, 2005
SAN DIEGO
Name
Geno
Boat
Itsalimit
I was on the Intrepid and we got something like 420 fish in 75 minutes. It was crazy with everyone asking for a gaff at the same time. The fish would hit the bait as soon as it hit the water. Weather was perfect and there were several other boats in the mix at about 160 miles south. We had just returned from an uneventful trip to the Rocks where most of the fish were sharked or cut off on the rocks. I think we ended with 3 yellowfin over 70 at the rocks. We had another epic bite on the yellowtail at the Ridge with every cast catching a tail though most of the fish were small there were a few yellowtail in the 30 pound range.
Intrepid is an excellent boat and the food was the best I have ever eaten. I would love to fish with Kevin and crew again one day.
geno

Bill Erhardt

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 1, 2006
Loreto, Mexico
Name
Bill Erhardt
Boat
Bluewater 23T "Soledad"
Last Wednesday, Aug. 24, I launched in Lopez Mateos and when I arrived at the high spot on the ridge at daybreak the Intrepid was there on the hook. Not much action there that morning. In short order, the crew hoisted anchor and headed on outside. I stuck around and got only a couple of dorado for the day.

Attachments

nick17yz

TUNA TOKER
Nov 6, 2008
SEEKER RODS
Name
Nick Rekrut
Boat
Longrange
that is a awesome picture Bill!!!

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
Good to hear the fleet has found biting fish. Considering fishing was tough earlier in the summer, are we now calling 25-45 Bluefin trophies? I guess it is all relative.

Can't wait to go on my trip and possibly catch a trophy too!!

- Jeff
Ya know, everything's relative. And relative to the shitty fishing in July and half of August, now that they're getting tonnage of the school sized fish, I'd say a 40 lb Bluefin qualifies as a trophy. Probably a lot of anglers out there right now who would be able to call a 40 lb tuna their personal best.

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
.... then I like it!

From Intrepid

"Mon. August 29, 2011: Good evening anglers. Today we spent about 6 hours in an area that has been producing good numbers of Yellowfin and Bluefin. The fishing has slowed from what it has been, but we were fortunate with the size of what we caught. Our Bluefin were in the 30 to 45 pound class and we also had a stop on Yellowfin up to 30 pounds..."