Offshore Bluefin already up north outside half moon bay

John Stidman

I Should Upgrade My Account
Apr 29, 2018
Baketsfield ca
Name
John Stidman
Boat Name
26ft seaswirl striper,24 ft trophy walkaround,24ft glasply flybridge.
Seen on Bayside of few bluefin hooked up out at gumdrop. I know they are in Morro Bay. Hmm. I might just go peek. Weather permitting. If not I'll head south.

Screenshot_20220831-112821_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220831-113952_Chrome.jpg

Nov 2, 2018
morro bay
Name
justin perkins
Boat Name
17' boston whaler "Avo Zee"
Water starts to look good then the wind blows and the fog blocks our SST😂Been out a good 5 times so far this year and haven’t seen Em yet..but the last three times we had no SST shots to go off of and missed the water. The one day we went 10 miles past the donut and never found anything warmer than 61.5 , but I’m sure another 10 or 15 miles out that day, we would have found the blue water break and fish. BFT for sure and probably albacore and dorado too. That warm blue stuff has moved in and is holding at the donut now, was 65.8 at the Santa Lucia bouy when I checked this morning. With as much BFT and dorado as there’s been in so cal this year, and the fact that they are catching quite a few randoms of both on albacore gear up in Northern California, makes me think we probably have some good fishing on the central coast in the near future. We really need a spotter plane to go out and give intel.

John Stidman

I Should Upgrade My Account
Apr 29, 2018
Baketsfield ca
Name
John Stidman
Boat Name
26ft seaswirl striper,24 ft trophy walkaround,24ft glasply flybridge.
That's exactly what I'm thinking. Lil bumpy this wk end. Might go fir Dorado south then maybe nxt wk end burn some fuel searching.

Reactions: pete j and repo805
Upvote 0

Mr G

Apr 4, 2012
Cornell / Malibou lake
Name
Guy
Boat Name
24 Stamas w/ 2006 AQ271c penta 290 duo
Hey John, How did it go. we went out of CIH on a sporty yesterday. We saw them, but were only able to hook the bluefin on 20lb- 40lb line. None were landed. Give me a call.

Upvote 0

Latest posts