uglyducky

I heard there was gonna be cake?
Dec 5, 2017
Los Angeles
Name
Jesse Collin
Boat
It's complicated
Ordering a new bait tank for 27' boat. Owner of Blue Water suggested 65 gallon tank countersunk into transom. (Large deck plate which allows access to batteries and bilge disallows for centering tank on deck). Any concerns with blue water tanks? any must have accessories to add on it?

Capt.C.Delany

The only fishing I do is trolling the Internet
  • Jun 22, 2014
    No Grave But the Sea
    Name
    Hugh Jassole / The Porcelain Punisher
    Boat
    Paddy Wagon 24' Skippy
    Randy makes solid tanks. Make sure to have a ball valve between your pump and tank to control the flow.

Vigilant32

BightPatrol
    Nov 9, 2004
    Name
    G
    Boat
    Steve Keene of Keene Boat repair is the man for blending that tank into your transom.. he’s in Costa Mesa/Newport Harbor.

And Yes for over 30 years Randy the go to guy for fiberglass tanks, imho.

Papa "J"

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • May 8, 2003
    OffShore
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    Grady White 272 Sailfish
    Blue water makes a really good tank, I have had several.

On my Grady I opted for a 90 gallon teardrop Pacific Edge. less footprint and more capacity. combined with the cyclone low pressure pump it's been the best bait system i have ever used.

Got 2 scoops of 1 day old bait on Sunday ran hard past the 425 and never lost a single piece.

Vigilant32

BightPatrol
    Nov 9, 2004
    Name
    G
    Boat
    I'm gonna guess it's person related. Let's see what he has to say.

Walked in over 25 years ago, walked out knowing not the type of person that was going to provide friendly exchange of knowledge or value, imho.

First impressions are hard wired in my brain.

Meanwhile got the full factory tour, that was back in the Stockland days when Randy was running their Marine products division.

From then to Offshore and now BlueWater.

Randy has helped my friends and referrals with well over 40 tanks over the years.

I was already building good friendIly relationships with the industry experts like Steve Keene, Mark from Mark’s Marine Service, Jon & Drew @ SeaPro whom are the big custom tank experts, Dave @ Basin Marine, JD @ JDs Tackle, Tim Jones & BigTuna Sam @ Allison & Boat House, on and on within the OC based industry.

As an example, Steve’s fiberglass guys have been with him for over 20 years. They are the go to team from top $$ yachts to the RubberDucky....

It is easy for many in life to treat people friendly and respectful from your first encounter, not so much for others I guess, jmho.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Shewillbemine

bowen405

L3757
    Jun 16, 2017
    Southern California
    Name
    Bryan
    Boat
    Parker 1801
    I do not have experience with the other brands but can agree when it comes to randy. I bought an oval 38 from him with plans to self-install. He was true to his word when he said to call him any time. I have bounced the whole installation of off him at almost every step. I wouldn’t use any other tank now. You made a great choice