Sitting at A-Bay
Feb 24, 2005
Waikoloa, HI
Name
MikeO
Boat
27 World Cat, True Lies
Aloha,

A friend of mine and fellow BD member (Bays90) recently purchased the beautiful Betram 38 Special "Raven" here in Kona. We took it out this weekend and we were able to catch a couple of fish to break it in. Saturday we had a pretty slow day trolling around the grounds for most of the day but we hooked up off of town in the mid-afternoon and it was a pretty good reel screamer. It got us into the backing pretty quickly but the capt and angler did a good job on the fish and we were able to release it after a 15-20 minute fight. Sunday we had to deal with some fuel issues in the morning, but we got them sorted out with some great help from friends and we headed out for an afternoon troll. We had 4 bites and managed to release a very fiesty striped marlin. We also had a spearfish up to the boat before we lost him.
I got a couple of pretty nice videos of the action to share. In the striped marlin video we had the camera on top of the tower going at the same time as the headcam I was wearing in the chair, so I included both so you get the different perspectives.

[ame]http://youtu.be/AlziqE8cT_M[/ame]

[ame]http://youtu.be/FQCqul2ediU[/ame]

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
Mike and Chris,
Good goin on the bill fish; I was thinking it just as you were saying it "you need longer arms". Thanks for the vid.

Congrats Chris on the new ride.

Cheers
Pat

LA I KU

Nov 11, 2010
Makaha
Name
Earl
Boat
LA I KU 21' Proline
great effort to revive the PBM!!!!!!!! that's what true fishermen do.

[email protected]

Well-Known "Member"
Mar 10, 2009
KONA n SANTA CRUZ
Name
Casey
Boat
5x5 pallet, tahitian drifter
Mike thanks for the report!!! we were chasing other stuff south but no go on sunday. i did not hear much from south. maybe try up tomorrow! thanks again for the reports n killer vid's! blowing today.....

MikeO

Sitting at A-Bay
Feb 24, 2005
Waikoloa, HI
Name
MikeO
Boat
27 World Cat, True Lies
Pat and others,

I think we will be reviving fish through the transom door from now on....too much of a stretch hanging over the side. We also don't want any 'extra' marks in that nice shiney black hull.

Glad you guys enjoyed the vids.

SEA SEVEN

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 2, 2006
San Diego
Name
None
Boat
None
Nice vid! Feb 24th and its flat like a lake ovah there?.... been blowing for 3 wks straight here...and not just 30knot winds 40+ brah.... Im on the wrong island.
Mahalo for the vid