PENN

STEVE_P

Jul 18, 2006
No. Hollywood
Name
Steve Pruchyanimit
Boat
none
After last week trip was cancelled I got 2 of my friends to go on the Old Glory for tuna
For me my 2nd trip of the year for them the 1st. The Old Glory came in a kind of late.
They have to do a quick turn around so here we 25 of us on the boat.
We got to the zone at about 5 . Some used jig some used bait fly line and sinker
But nothing long story shot Kley stopped a mark on the fish finder we started to fish
after a few long5 or 10 mins some got picked up and it become 2 and 3 and 4 so on and
on one time may be 8 of us hood up. The key was fly lime 30 lbs test and good bait and also a good
cast to the zone a kind of the big key Oh i forgot " Flo Carbon too." We did not got any on jig and sinker
So I do not know for sure the big big one may be would hit fat fall or some other thing we to busy with the
#40#60 may be + tuna on 30lbs test . Almost the hold time one of us had a fish on one time we had 2 on at the same time. The end of the day the boat end up with 30 fish . we end up with 5 for 3 of us . iI think we lost a lot more than what we landed . I lost 3 after see the color. one lost 3 and one lost 5 or 6 I do not know.
Every on think we have more fish I was so busy on the fish my hold body ached . no breakfast or lunch
untill time to go home
I would say this is a old fashioned blue fin tuna fishing the i used to fish at S C I in the 70 of 80
Hey you guy should hit the water It is a good good fishing
I have a few pic for you to see
Go Fishing
Steve P

15322.jpg

15324.jpg

woodfish330

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Aug 14, 2012
    San Fransisco,CA USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Fishead
    Nice post brother.....with picts. Happy you got a few to stick.... and amazed at your honesty about the fish you personally lost. There are a few lessons there for sure.... on how and why you lost the tunas you did. But at least you got out.... and did the "dance"..... and got a few to stick. Good for you.

Upvote 0

Ducksnpucks

Almost A Member
  • Feb 22, 2021
    Long Beach, Ca
    Name
    Ducks
    Boat
    None
    After last week trip was cancelled I got 2 of my friends to go on the Old Glory for tuna
    For me my 2nd trip of the year for them the 1st. The Old Glory came in a kind of late.
    We got to the zone at about 5 . Some used jig some used bait fly line and sinker
    But nothing long story shot Kley stopped a mark on the fish finder we started to fish
    after a few long5 or 10 mins some got picked up and it become 2 and 3 and 4 so on and
    on one time may be 8 of us hood up. The key was fly lime 30 lbs test and good bait and also a good
    cast to the zone a kind of the big key Oh i forgot " Flo Carbon too." We did not got any on jig and sinker
    So I do not know for sure the big big one may be would hit fat fall or some other thing we to busy with the
    #40#60 may be + tuna on 30lbs test . Almost the hold time one of us had a fish on one time we had 2 on at the same time. The end of the day the boat end up with 30 fish . we end up with 5 for 3 of us . iI think we lost a lot more than what we landed . I lost 3 after see the color. one lost 3 and one lost 5 or 6 I do not know.
    Every on think we have more fish I was so busy on the fish my hold body ached . no breakfast or lunch
    untill time to go home
    I would say this is a old fashioned blue fin tuna fishing the i used to fish at S C I in the 70 of 80
    Go Fishing
    Steve P

View attachment 1290711

View attachment 1290712

Nice job! How was captain Kley? Super cool right?

Reactions: Tuna Dreamer
    Upvote 0

Otto

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Aug 1, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Floyd - Guy from Repo Man
    Boat
    19 SeaPro
    untill time to go home
    Go Fishing
    Steve P

View attachment 1290711

View attachment 1290712
    Where did u get the bluefin ?

Upvote 0

STEVE_P

Jul 18, 2006
    No. Hollywood
    Name
    Steve Pruchyanimit
    Boat
    none
    He is cool was whit us the on the deck all the time busy with us very one cool on the trip . A good fun day on the water.
    oh I got them on the OLd Grory No just kidding I do not know where I was only 60mile out Mex water I thinks

Reactions: Tuna Dreamer
    Upvote 0

surfgoose

active geezer
  • Jul 29, 2010
    Long Beach, CA, USA
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    whichever has the longest bunk
    RIGHT NOW is the "Good Old Days" of Bluefin tuna, not the "70's or 80's" like you said. I was there. We were hip-deep in albacore for a couple of months each summer, but the fish were 15 to 30 pounds, not these brutes. Twenty pound test mono, 95% bait fishing, and you would lose one in a tangle, but not because he chewed you off or headed over the horizon and you couldn't stop him.

Anyone who doesn't take as many trips as he can possibly afford in the next several months will end up regretting it. You will blank on some trips because the fish are there but won't play, but the odds are with you that you will have the fights of your life!

Upvote 0

STEVE_P

Jul 18, 2006
    No. Hollywood
    Name
    Steve Pruchyanimit
    Boat
    none
    Surfgoose you are right 15-20 lbs mono test anchovy bait Penn Squidder
    no 2 speed no spectra no fluorocabon .
    This is the time to go fishing like he said You never know it tomorrow
    [ look at Albacore]