Black Rose

Sep 11, 2009
Plymouth
www.blackrosefishing.com
Name
Rich
Boat
25, C-Hawk, Black Rose
Yes, it's that time of year again. People still don't know how good the fishing is on Stellwagen, lest I wouldn't be typing this today (I'd be chartering someone)....That being said, we are seeing haddock on top of Stellwagen Bank in less than 70' of water! I mean LOADS of haddock, along with a ton of cod, which we try to avoid... Yesterday, we got out our limit of haddock in one drift, using light tackle. The heaviest jig was 7oz, topped with a handmade fly a foot above the jig. Super slow jigging, no treble hooks... Almost every fish was hooked in the mouth--no snags.

After catching our haddock, we were able to run around at 30mph, looking for Pollock and hopefully a big porbeagle shark... Tons of Pollock, but no sharks yesterday. It's one of my favorite combos--groundfish and sharks. As the haddock move into deeper water, we'll get many more sharks.

If anyone hasn't been on Stellwagen Bank lately, the bait is insane. There are hundreds of whales working the area and thousands of dolphins. I think this is going to be a banner year for tuna, especially after last years' fall bite and the bite off of NC this winter and spring. Those fish will find what they want in our area. The stripers are already around....Mackerel as well....

See you on the water!
Rich Antonino

DSC02540.JPG DSC02551.JPG

Mar 17, 2015
Name
Tommy scanlon
Boat
Bad Influence
Just to ADD to rich's report....10 days later and weather starting to break. Haddock are still easy picking with beautiful COD (that gov says aren't there) to throw back. If your located in Boston or North, consider giving me a call. Tommy, Mariner Sportfishing.com 781 389 8462

Mar 17, 2015
Name
Tommy scanlon
Boat
Bad Influence
OH WOW Rich....no offence meant to you...thought this was a Mass report thread!...So sorry...Mea Coooper Mea Cooper!......willl never happen again.

Ali

Master of Nothing
Admin
Apr 24, 2003
San Diego
Name
That Guy
Boat
31' Innovator
Keep us posted from out there. I know there's some crazy fishing that goes down out that way.

Reactions: moorefish