Bloody Decks Helps Enlisted Military Families!!!

Discussion in 'Nonsense Anything Boards' started by ahidog, Dec 22, 2007.

1. ahidog

ahidog 10000 atta boys

Name:
    Tom
    Boat:
    105', Camcraft, 85', Ditmar, 65' Noreck
    Today, was the greatest, thanks to the many volunteers! The Bloody Decks crew was the greatest, each person brought talents and skills that was used and appreciated! We were able to raise enough money to give each family almost $100.00 each in gift cards, a visit & pix with Santa and each child got a gift bag. The dinner was wonderful, roast beef, turkey, mashed taters, candied yams, stuffing, cranberry sause, two kinds of gravy, rolls, and a full on dessert table with many different kinds of pies.

At the end of the evening, before the Bloody Deckers broke down the tables, chairs and re-set the room for the seniors we got to take a couple of pictures. The first one you'll see is where there were some of the seniors around watching the picture taking. . . The second one was when the old folks were'nt looking we all gave the blood decks salute. The seniors wouldn't understand, and I'd be explaining to them again, and again. . .
    (Tommy is playing with the picture to down-size them, check back tomorrow, they're worth the wait. . . )

I want to thank all of the BDers again. Those of you who sent in monetary donations and those of you who helped and those of you who did both. The heroes and the families of our heroes were touched by your generosity, kindness and Christmas spirit!

I don't know what I would have done without my BD bretheren. That's what we're all about here. This is the coolest extended family there ever was!

Love ya all!

2. Az.monkey

Az.monkey Newbie

Name:
    Karl
    Boat:
    Which one ?
    Tommy and Cindy, it was my pleasure to help out, you kids and the facility did most of the work and pulled it off very nicely for a first time event, I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Thank you for the oppertunity to lend a hand and Merry Christmas and Happy Chanuka to all

3. Monday Clubber

Monday Clubber Everyday is a Monday!

Name:
    Cindy
    Boat:
    Sporties
    Here is the second picture. Don't tell my residents about the salute, they might not understand. . .

Bloody Decks Enl Xmas Vol 002.jpg

4. Professor

Professor Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Yale
    Boat:
    32' Blackman Sportfisher "Riley"
    Cindy, I can’t believe you and the Monte Vista staff pulled that off in only two weeks. What an event for those families. Congratulations and blessings to all who participated. Great to meet some more of the BD derelicts face to face.

5. the hook

the hook Bluesman

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    21' Sea Pro the Hook
    Actually, Professor, I don't remember seeing any of the "Derelicts". Nice meeting you, though.

hj

6. sealskinner

sealskinner Retired Pimp

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Franks ho
    It all came together nicely. Soo many volunteers, it was great. Plus I got to see some friends. Call me anytime.

7. Blackfish

Blackfish Fishing, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.

Name:
    Rotus
    Boat:
    50' Hatteras and 24' cuddy
    Computer is still down....

Great job cindy, it was a pleassure. My son and i had a great time. Nice meeting everyone, and nice seeing those who I have met before.

Blackfish and Jackfish

8. Az.monkey

Az.monkey Newbie

Name:
    Karl
    Boat:
    Which one ?
    Mike, your son busted his butt for a great cause, I commend him :appl::appl::appl: feel free to pass this along to a fine young man