Blood on the deck 5/29/20

richfab619

Jul 20, 2009
san diego cali
Name
Richie rich
Boat
19-8 century
Left the point early 1am with my buddy t dub "todd wood".grabbed some nice 5 to 6" Dean's at the barge."good looking out ". Very litte wind and great conditions to the zone. Simrad electronics work great for navigation and boating safely. Set course to upper hidden bank. Arrive at destination around 4am. Great conditions no boats fishy area. Gray lite next to a paddy and start the chum . Started metering fish at 100 to 150 "good solid marks.set the first ballon and puff there goes 50$ down the drain. Got the kite/ballon and rigged the dead flyer. Water temp 66.1. Staring at the flyer and boom ,indicator is down. Reel reel reel and we are tight. Fight lasted about 30 min or so and one hits the deck ,120lb. "Yes". Clean up chum chum . Put out another rig and about an hour later we are down and tight with are ballon rig, broke and floating . Seemed like an hour or so and the second one hits the deck. Back is on fire.motor didn't start ,so we called for help. Brandon and his brother came to the rescue. I gave the guys a brand new custom rod I made last week that landed the fish of the day. Thanks guys and god bless.cheers To you and the other skippers that came to help greatly appreciate. Got the boat going and dropped the numbers for everyone enjoyment. Happy fishing. Hope you guys got on them when we b-lined it home. What a great day. Mako rich on the si rosie got it done . Back at the dock by 130 and to 5 star for the processing. Yummy in tummy

20200529_073211.jpg

20200529_073306.jpg

Screenshot_20200529-185326_Yahoo Mail.jpg

SD2600

Opinions aren’t constitutional- they are earned
Apr 13, 2017
San diego
Name
Dustin
Boat
26' sea swirl
Solid!!! I’m also curious as to your motor troubles......anything I can learn to be more heads up on the water the better...

richfab619

Jul 20, 2009
san diego cali
Name
Richie rich
Boat
19-8 century
Solid!!! I’m also curious as to your motor troubles......anything I can learn to be more heads up on the water the better...
I only had two batteries. Time to go some electrical work. 4 battery system all linked to charge when motor runs. I should of ran motor from time to time but I believe shutting down helped with the bite.

mrhoneydo

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 4, 2011
Tahoe City, Ca
Name
michael willson
Boat
Sea Ray 18" & Grady White 28 Marlin
very nice report, thanks for the details...glad to hear about the brotherhood out there, keep it going guys!!!!

Reactions: richfab619