Blank ID?

jbam

Jan 9, 2017
Chino
Name
JB
Boat
None
I bought a 9' rod from Offerup. The seller said it's a graphite Seeker custom rod rated for 20-50 lb but could not remember the model number. Could some one help me figure out what the blank might be. The tip is about the same as a Calstar 670 rod I have. The O.D. of the gimbal is exactly 1" so the butt is definitely less than 1". The rod weighs about 19 oz.

IMG_1338.jpg

IMG_1340.jpg

IMG_1341.jpg

IMG_1342.jpg

Hector Garcia

@hectorscustomrods on instagram
Dec 28, 2017
Lake Los Angeles, CA
Name
Hector Garcia
Boat
I need a ride.
Most seekers have a label inside the butt, some dont, but take off the butt cap and look in there a d maybe you can see the model number.

Reactions: plj46

jbam

Jan 9, 2017
Chino
Name
JB
Boat
None
Most seekers have a label inside the butt, some dont, but take off the butt cap and look in there a d maybe you can see the model number.
Thanks. How to take off the rubber gimbal? Shall I heat it up? I am a newbie to saltwater fishing. This is the first modern saltwater fishing rod I have ever had.

Last edited:

plj46

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
Heat will help.Heat it don't cook it.

Hector Garcia

@hectorscustomrods on instagram
Dec 28, 2017
Lake Los Angeles, CA
Name
Hector Garcia
Boat
I need a ride.
Thanks. How to take off the rubber gimbal? Shall I heat it up? I am a newbie to saltwater fishing. This is the first modern saltwater fishing rod I have ever had.
Yeah, heat it up, just dont over heat it unless youre going to replace it. Another thing you can do is use vice grips and twist until it loosens up. Once its loose, just take it off.

Reactions: jbam