Elkfins

Ungrateful Prick
Aug 8, 2008
Tacoma, WA
Name
Steve
Boat
"Cleanup Required" '99 Grady White 232 Gulfstream
We had a really good Blacktail general season with @silver slayer. 2 of 3 tags filled. Of course Christopher out did us old guys but I have to say, Josh's help and assistance has been instrumental to his success. He had a youth doe tag... his last year of being eligible for youth permits. We spent most evenings after school/work this month out in the woods and he passed up multiple opportunities over the season to shoot a doe saying he wanted a good buck. Last week we saw a decent 2 point buck but where he was standing, he had no shot opportunity so I ended up harvesting it. Josh was close by and had actually put eyes on the buck about a minute before it passed by me. With his help, we got it back to his place, hung & skinned, then boned out the next day. Christopher showed some pretty amazing restraint and persistence while we kept at it. We worked over some of the areas we've had success in years past and found a few new areas that worked out well for us. Finally Saturday evening about a half hour before dark, he spotted this wide and heavy horned 2 point down a canyon about 250 yards away. After a couple of well placed shots from his .308, the buck stumbled over a berm into probably the thickest swampy reprod in western WA. Fortunately it only went about 20 yards and we didn't have to wade much to get him. Again, Josh was close by and helped load him up, hang him and skin him. Sunday we boned him out and enjoyed fresh tenderloins and backstraps for Halloween dinner. All in all, a damn good deer season and there's still late season to help fill that last tag. A huge thanks to Josh... it's good to have friends!
Christopher's streak now goes to 5 years in a row harvesting a blacktail... Now I just have to figure out how to keep a 16 year old from getting to cocky.

2021Deer1.jpeg
2021Deer2.jpeg
2021Deer3.jpeg
2021Deer4.jpeg
2021Deer5.jpeg
2021Deer6.jpeg
2021Deer9.jpg
2021Deer7.jpeg

PNWMatt2016

Sep 12, 2016
Bothell
Name
Matt Frazier
Boat
Need One!
Those are some nice Bucks! Congrats! I leave for Elk Season Thursday. Can't wait to get into some timber and hike.

Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
Heck of a job. Congrats to you both!

Upvote 0

EJ Swanny

Three Generations of Uff-Dah
Nov 30, 2010
Redondo/WA
Name
Erik
Boat
"Riley-J" 2006 21' Proline Tourney
Dandy BT's, you should be proud.....great job...

Upvote 0

spoon man

It’s all smoke and mirrors
  • Jul 20, 2012
    Olympia, wa
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    22' Alumaweld
    Went out the other day and saw a buck with only one side. I spooked him and he took off, saw him 5 minutes later with no head gear. Searched around for a bit and finally found it laying in the snow. I’ve been out a couple more times looking for the other side but no luck. The last day I was out I saw 3 other bucks(four point and 2 two points), all were sporting both sides.
    FAB8E389-5FD7-4BD4-B55C-234FCB7D2A18.jpeg
    3A769791-7DA2-4BBF-9DC6-CE2F3B5F0EC6.jpeg

washington1
    washington1
    Gnarly base. That’s the freshest shed find ever! Good work.
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0