Bleached Starfish...
Oct 14, 2004
H.B.
Name
Pace , ペース様
Boat
Ez Go golf cart
This is a post for my brother Eric.

This past Sat/Sun Eric went hunting with my father, Tim, and nephew Timothy Hunter ( 7 years old ).

I got a call but was working Friday night and had a team play golf match on Saturday :doh: Well I should have made an excuse and gone hunting gunz . They said they were going to try and get some last weekend hunting in for some quail. What I found out Sunday was that they also had a backup, I think it was primary plan, to hunt pigs. Eric and Dad have hunted pigs three times together the last three months with Eric going up to the spot six times... Well needless to say the seventh was his time to harvest a very nice Russian Boar.

They hunted early and hard Saturday, finding some fresh and promising signs of pigs in the area they were hunting. Saturday would not be the day for them. Timothy was getting anxious to shoot his pellet gun as well as his bow, so the let him get some ground squirrels, with the pellet gun, and called it a day.

They made camp that night, a little distance from where they saw those signs of pigs.

Sunday came and Eric said he "felt it" to our dad. They broke camp at around 7 o'clock and started to the area they were going to target in the truck. While they were driving they spotted 2 pigs at about 1000 yards. They were moving at a good clip. The pigs had traversed 2 ridges from first sight. Eric and Dad were able to maneuver the truck to get an intersect point that closed the distance on the pigs path to get a decent shot at them. Eric was able to set up at about 120 yards and shoot his 30.06, 165gr hollow point custom load , for a perfect heart/lung shot. The sow flipped head over heals just flat out stoned cold. The sow field dressed 210-225 lbs with zero meat loss.

They hunted in the Eastern San Luis Obispo county. Temps were flat out cold and clear. Elevation 4500 feet. I do not have the numbers, they laughed at me when I told them I was posting for them.:rofl:

Here are some pics of Kermit's fav finger smell.

Poppy and Hunter with a pic of Eric's pig

Little Man giving a "young BD salute" with a Pig of Gold at the end of the rainbow.

aclemieux

Back to basics.
Jun 9, 2005
Winslow, Maine
www.oceansideanglers.org
Name
Adam
Boat
Seaswirl Striper 2301WA; Ustafish: USS Pasadena SSN 752
That's a great post. I can't wait to take my son hunting with my dad in Maine. I know he's gonna love it. And you can see it in your nephew's face, too. Thanks for a great story.

Razorback

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 28, 2003
San Diego, CA
www.MirageSanDiego.com
Name
Cris
Boat
23' Sea Ox
Great trip and pictures - thanks for sharing your story. Love the expression on the boy - Timothy's face (appropriate last name). He looks like a natural. There is nothing more rewarding than getting the kids involved in the Great Outdoors.

NICE GOING.

Hawg Out

Sluester

I kill stuff
Jul 22, 2003
Lakeside
Name
Mike
Boat
Killin time, Bill Collector
Right on!:High_Five Golf over hunting???? Next time I bet you'll go!:)
I always like it when the little guys/gals get involved. Bought my son a bow for x-mas. Little shit shoots better than me! (which isn't hard)

el Toro

Feb 19, 2003
Point Loma
Name
Nate
Boat
Artemis
That is awesome. Nice job! Was that on public land?

CptnAndre

Apr 26, 2005
Chatsworth
Name
Andre
Boat
Custom 1650 Crestliner
Great job on the hog, and varmints. Looking forward to my Tejon Ranch "Pig o Rama" this weekend. Anyone else going?

SS Tippy Canoe

Fuck it, I got SeaTow
Aug 26, 2005
San Diego
Name
Richard
Boat
will not sink...we will see about that!
Awesome report Pace. Looks like they had a blast.

Andre- I was supposed to go this weekend but had to res-schedule for may. Let us know how it goes. good luck!

hookedonfish

Dec 30, 2005
Orange California
Name
Kiet
Boat
26' outrage, twin honda outboard
this is one awesome report. If you had an Avet reel, I'd claim you the winner. Awesome to see young ones holding bows and rifles. just plain out awesome.

Good luck to you and your family on the next hunt!

Saluki

May 10, 2003
HB
Name
Mika Tan
Boat
"MoorZilla"
Awesome post!!!

Thanks, that was too cool!

Diamond Jim

Oct 16, 2005
Dana Point Ca
Name
Jim Folk
Boat
28 Skipjack Pilot House
Now that's the way to start a young men out right. Great post. Thanks Jim:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

nicky

May 25, 2005
elmonte
Name
nick
Boat
none
great hunt, great report.

is that a Diana 45 Tim was using?

Red Drum

Paradiddle-diddle
Mar 15, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Visit site
Name
Capt. Vinnie
Boat
Big Drum-2300 Seaswirl Striper...Red Drum-1500 Duroboat
Great pics and report! Congrats on getting the oinker and squirrelies. Timothy is definitely mentally "locked n' loaded" for hunting. That's awesome!