Black Friday - it was a great deal. Local LB report.

PENN

WaterDawg

Jun 28, 2008
Ladera Ranch, CA
Name
Kevin
Boat
17' Whaler
Took out the Whaler Allison Christine with my brother and dad on Black Friday. Weather and seas were amazing, couldn't ask for better. Fished local LB/LA area wrecks and reefs with live squid and artificials, finding steady action pretty much all day, with one wide open flurry of 3-5 lb sheepshead at the end of the day. Water temps in the low 60's. Saw diving birds at one point and went to check it out hoping for yellowtail, but turned out to be two sea lions feeding on a large carcass of something that was a few feet below the surface. Moved on. Caught reds, brown rockfish, sculpin (released), sand bass, calico bass, HUGE mackeral, one short 'cuda, and sheepshead. Kept a few sheeps and rockfish and released twice as many as we caught. Bass were up to 4 lbs. Jackpot was an 8.5 lb goat caught on a Sniper. Good luck everyone!

nov 20163.JPG
nov 20161.JPG
nov 2016.JPG

Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
Apr 28, 2004
CA.
Name
John Collar
Boat
Parker 2320
It does not get any better than that, with your bother and Dad, quality fishing indeed. Nice job!

Upvote 0

SaltH20Angler

I'm not superstitious... cuz it's bad luck.
  • Aug 6, 2016
    SoCal - Corona
    Name
    Christopher
    Boat
    I know a couple guys...
    Way to go Dawg!! Our normal threesome got out Thanksgiving morning. My buddies took home a couple of Sand Bass, Whitefish, and Sheephead off of the rigs and Izor's Reef (Nothing like the fattie you caught on the end). As for me, I caught about 15 short Cudas and the same amout of good sized Macs. Released all the Cudas and intended to give the fresh macs to anyone hooping that night, but the dock was empty at 1:00pm on Thanksgiving. Imagine that!! Looks like we have chum for next time. Happy to hear you got out with the family bro no better way to spend the day after Thanksgiving.

Upvote 0

WaterDawg

Jun 28, 2008
    Ladera Ranch, CA
    Name
    Kevin
    Boat
    17' Whaler
    Way to go Dawg!! Our normal threesome got out Thanksgiving morning. My buddies took home a couple of Sand Bass, Whitefish, and Sheephead off of the rigs and Izor's Reef (Nothing like the fattie you caught on the end). As for me, I caught about 15 short Cudas and the same amout of good sized Macs. Released all the Cudas and intended to give the fresh macs to anyone hooping that night, but the dock was empty at 1:00pm on Thanksgiving. Imagine that!! Looks like we have chum for next time. Happy to hear you got out with the family bro no better way to spend the day after Thanksgiving.
    Thanks SaltH20, those macs were each big enough to fill an entire bait tube. I tried to get my Dad and bro' to go lobstering that night, but after fishing all day they were too spent. I didn't give them any grief about getting old and feeble.....not!

Upvote 0

ANGLING ALLEN

Almost A Member
  • Apr 14, 2006
    Fullerton
    Name
    Larry
    Boat
    finatic
    Family day on the water, right on!
    Went out Friday also, to the 150 (outer derricks) next to the privates. Picked up several rockfish, whitefish, and a big ol' grumpy of about 6 pounds! Also picked up a 25 lb. yellowtail. All on squid from Nacho. Looked like most Sporties were working the deeper water near the last derrick, most sat the whole time not much movement. Water was super flat, 64ish degree water with comfortable outside temps until you started moving, then needed a jacket. Thanksgiving weekend on the water. Gotta luv SoCal!

Upvote 0