effigy

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 18, 2007
Oregon
Name
Mark
Boat
Which one? Too many....
Screw fishbrain. In my experience: Deceptive advertising. Runaround excuse emails. Blaming their “distributor” (code for...they never had the product in stock).

Reactions: tom fowlks

rexor_rn

Online Angler
Sep 22, 2016
HOLLYWOOD
Name
Mananagat
Boat
"CATTLE BOAT"
Screw fishbrain. In my experience: Deceptive advertising. Runaround excuse emails. Blaming their “distributor” (code for...they never had the product in stock).
well not for me...bought these newly release Penn’s with $60 off retail price...been buying from them 5x already with 0 issues whatsoever...btw my FTH 10XNLD from shopfishbrain.com is arriving anytime this week.
4F846218-BC4C-4453-9216-D5EC7B8929D3.jpeg

Reactions: F.I.S.H.Y

effigy

Jul 18, 2007
Oregon
Name
Mark
Boat
Which one? Too many....
well not for me...bought these newly release Penn’s with $60 off retail price...been buying from them 5x already with 0 issues whatsoever...btw my FTH 10XNLD from shopfishbrain.com is arriving anytime this week.View attachment 1229412
I’m glad it worked for you. I must have pulled the trigger one day too late on that same deal, because they utterly failed on my order...then jerked me around.

rexor_rn

Online Angler
Sep 22, 2016
HOLLYWOOD
Name
Mananagat
Boat
"CATTLE BOAT"
I’m glad it worked for you. I must have pulled the trigger one day too late on that same deal, because they utterly failed on my order...then jerked me around.
oh so sorry it didn’t work out for you...i signed up for email alert on deals with them to keep me on top.

pele

May 20, 2009
Ventura
Name
ken
Boat
I found out the hard way about boats
I dont see any current deals on the Penn reels at Fishbrain unless I'm missing something.The $60 deal has been dead for some time.The one reel I did order came after 6 weeks and their communication is lousy(delayed emails).Now on my facebook home page I see a pop up for sale prices on Penn and when I click on it-no discount.
I would say that the most likely scenario seems to me that they drop ship and that one would receive the merchandise eventually but one would have to weigh if it was worth the hassle and no one to pin down for potential problems.YMMV

Reactions: effigy

effigy

Jul 18, 2007
Oregon
Name
Mark
Boat
Which one? Too many....
I would say that the most likely scenario seems to me that they drop ship and that one would receive the merchandise eventually but one would have to weigh if it was worth the hassle and no one to pin down for potential problems.YMMV
That's exactly what's going on. Maybe I was a little harsh saying "screw them." I get it now - their business model is to sell things that they never stock, they never touch. It gets drop-shipped, like you said. That by itself can be a very successful business model.

The problem is that they sell things which they can not commit to actually being in stock....that will not "eventually be shipped." Such as a certain popular new model of reel.

I was just annoyed that they were not up front about this. Using euphemisms like "technical issue with the distributor." That's not a technical issue. It's taking money / "selling" something which they have zero control over actually delivering.

No big whoop. I'll get the reel(s) from a different supplier.

Happy Holidays everyone

Reactions: tom fowlks and pele

rexor_rn

Online Angler
Sep 22, 2016
HOLLYWOOD
Name
Mananagat
Boat
"CATTLE BOAT"
FISHBRAIN is so Awesome and just have my Black Friday Reel Deal which is a FATHOM 10XNLD Delivered today.....can’t complain,

Happy Holidays!
39F26572-29FF-4DB1-8E8D-793276D76EFB.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.