zanegler

Bomboy Lures Are Money!
Jun 24, 2008
placerville/ca/usa
Name
zane
Boat
Skipjack 20 Flybridge, Cruel Intentions
Catching a Buzz is weighing in a 500lb Blue. 3.5 million up for grabs.

IMG955689.jpg

Upvote 0

extraction

Almost A Member
Jun 30, 2008
Cabo San Lucas
Name
Thomas
Boat
53' Post Sportfisher - Capt. Jaime Gonzalez Jr.
They may need to get buzzed when they realize there will be no $3.5 million pay day for them?

Assuming the Bisbee tournament website is correct, "Catching A Buzz" was only entered in the $500 and $1,000 jackpot - see photo below from the Bisbee website.

Now pay attention, this gets really complicated. "Catching A Buzz" wins the overall tournament with the biggest Marlin which monies come from the base entry of $5,000, not the daily jackpots. There was no qualifying fish caught on day 2 so the day 2 jackpot monies rolled to day 3, today. "Catching A Buzz" would then win the day 2 jackpot monies up to the highest jackpot level they were entered, $500 & $1000. They would also get today's money up to that same level they were entered, $500 & $1000. All of the other jackpot monies for days 2 & 3 would roll back to the next biggest fish. That fish would be the 356 lb. Marlin caught by "Five More Minutes" on day one. But "Five More Minutes" was also only entered into the $500 & $1,000 jackpots so they get the monies for that level only, for day 1 only.

That leaves the 301 lb. Marlin, also caught on day 1 by the boat "Tranquilo," as the only other qualifying marlin for the entire tournament. The question is, what jackpots were “Tranquilo entered? Again, from the Bisbee website, Tranquilo was entered into all of the jackpots from the daily $10,000, $5,000, $3,000 and $2,000 and would therefore win all of those monies for all three days. They also win 3rd place overall and “Five More Minutes” wins 2nd place.

Now if the Bisbee website is wrong, then everything I just said is wrong. But if correct, he 301 lb. marlin, the smallest of the entire tournament caught by Tranquilo, will get the lion’s share of the money. There was one other jackpot the $20,000 daily which would bring the total entry fee for one boat to $121,500. That is not a typo error. But none of these 3 boats were entered into that jackpot. There's one more "but" The winning team has to take a polygraph, if they fail they get zero and all of those monies would then go to the 356 lb. Marlin "Five More Minutes."

I should mention that the boat “Tranquilo” also won most of the monies in the Bisbee Los Cabos last weekend, $460,000 but according to the Bisbee website, it was two different teams in these two tournaments.

bisbee 2015.jpg

bisbee 2015_a.jpg

Reactions: fullclip
Upvote 0

bays90

Mar 17, 2010
Kailua-Kona HI USA
Name
Chris
Boat
46' Viking, Mi Novia, Quepos, Costa Rica
Actually Tranquilo caught a 327, and walked away with 2.5 million and 460K from the offshore so not a bad week 3 million.

Upvote 0

tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
Oct 18, 2012
San Diego
Name
Tanner
Boat
1997 Proline 23 W/A
I'm not sure if they know it or not, but the inventor of the Polygraph himself said that the machine was a hoax. It doesn't actually detect lies. It just measures signs that *could* be related to lying... Or sickness, or anxiety, or excersize, etc. BS that they use that as a determining factor.

Reactions: MinnesotaPhats
Upvote 0

bays90

Mar 17, 2010
Kailua-Kona HI USA
Name
Chris
Boat
46' Viking, Mi Novia, Quepos, Costa Rica
I think the jackpot/payout system is BS when the biggest does not win.
How is it BS if you aren't gonna put up the money to be in the jackpot why the hell would you deserve to win it. That would be like going to a horse race and betting 5$ on #8 to win and then when he does, your pissed because you didn't get all of the money.

Those guys did really great for their investment of 8K or so where the rest of us who ponied the $65,000 and didn't catch are still good but dissappointed. Believe me there isn't very many places you can literally go fishing or anything for that matter for 3 days and have a 1 and 126 shot of walking away with over a million bucks if you pay the money

Upvote 0

Intrepid Fan

No Cal Lou
Oct 1, 2009
Green Valley, Az
Name
Lou Salatich
Boat
none
How is it BS if you aren't gonna put up the money to be in the jackpot why the hell would you deserve to win it. That would be like going to a horse race and betting 5$ on #8 to win and then when he does, your pissed because you didn't get all of the money.

Those guys did really great for their investment of 8K or so where the rest of us who ponied the $65,000 and didn't catch are still good but dissappointed. Believe me there isn't very many places you can literally go fishing or anything for that matter for 3 days and have a 1 and 126 shot of walking away with over a million bucks if you pay the money[/QUOte

Just my opinion, I feel there should be mandatory side jackpot for the biggest fish. It is no big deal to me personally. I just think that it would be more equitable.

Upvote 0