Biting YellowFin

GradyWhite246

Oct 27, 2018
San Diego
Name
Nicholas Barns
Boat
Grady White Explorer 24
Ran "REEL LIFE" (305 Conquest Whaler) today. We started west of the 302 with some good marks but a bit deep. Found empty patties and deployed the kite with the yummy when we found some more marks. No takers.Decide to run South, We ended up with some better marks and put out a slow troll sardine and the flyer. Sardine gets bit and the chumming starts. For the next hour or more (12:30-2) we were able to keep 25-50 grade yellowfin all over the boat.After our fun and we began running low on bait and we put out the numbers (14 over 27). We chummed to keep them up until a catamaran showed up and we waved him in to take over the carnage. Instant bit as soon as they got there lines wet. Didn't see the name of the boat but hope you guys had some fun with them as well.
IMG_1912.jpg

gecsr1

28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
that's a lot of YF, hope you have plenty of friends , How many anglers on the boat.. Very nice , way to get them...

Hophead

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 26, 2004
san diego
Name
ryan
Boat
22’ Seaway
Ran "REEL LIFE" (305 Conquest Whaler) today. We started west of the 302 with some good marks but a bit deep. Found empty patties and deployed the kite with the yummy when we found some more marks. No takers.Decide to run South, We ended up with some better marks and put out a slow troll sardine and the flyer. Sardine gets bit and the chumming starts. For the next hour or more (12:30-2) we were able to keep 25-50 grade yellowfin all over the boat.After our fun and we began running low on bait and we put out the numbers (14 over 27). We chummed to keep them up until a catamaran showed up and we waved him in to take over the carnage. Instant bit as soon as they got there lines wet. Didn't see the name of the boat but hope you guys had some fun with them as well.
View attachment 1151893
Great report! Heading out Friday. What # test were they biting?

Kman

Apr 7, 2003
So Cal
Name
Kurt
Boat
Robalo R180 Trailer Trash
Damn. Nice fish for early June. Is anything going to be normal in 2020?

Reactions: joe pimentel

DEGBTI

Feb 5, 2013
el cajon, ca
Name
dennis
Boat
204 Angler CC
that's a lot of YF, hope you have plenty of friends , How many anglers on the boat.. Very nice , way to get them...
get a life dude, dumb comment on many levels. He is giving a report to help others, not validate how many passengers to you. Trying to stir up shit is so tired at this point.

gecsr1

28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
get a life dude, dumb comment on many levels. He is giving a report to help others, not validate how many passengers to you. Trying to stir up shit is so tired at this point.
no really not trying to cause any problems or stir shit just asking I only see one person and that"s a lot of work for one person..
I really don't care how many fish you catch
sorry you took me wrong did not mean any harm

hope you have a nice day....

Fins in the Bin

Jun 10, 2004
Jamul
Name
used to fish
Boat
50 Silverton
Nice, those are definitely the fun size!! Normal rods/reels, flylined baits, and a few slugs to keep you honest, now you have my attention!! Only thing better would be a YT invasion of all kelps!!

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
That's a nice catch for early season.

Reactions: GradyWhite246