Bisbee's Black and Blue 2017 Photos + 5th Place Overall

Reel_Time

Kusler Yachts
Jun 4, 2014
Name
Zach Zorn
Boat
Lots of Boats
After fishing my first Bisbee's Black and Blue last year on team CBandit (we took 2nd overall) I knew I had to fish the Bisbee's again.This year I joined team Chinito Bonito with owner Davis Ahn, Captain Evan Salvay and deckhand Sam Long along with Davis' friends. I actually had the pleasure of selling the boat, a 40' Cabo Express, to the Ahn's just prior to the tournament. Evan and I only had a few weeks to purchase all the gear, and the day the sale closed the boat headed south. On a side note, I'm a broker at Kusler Yachts, so if you need helping find a boat or listing yours, please give me a call. I'm always available for my clients and go above and beyond to ensure everyones satisfaction.

After a successful trip down south, Evan and the boys started pre fishing with much success. I flew down for the Bisbee's Los Cabos which was fun, but we did not get a fish. After an exciting shotgun start for day 1 of the black and blue we had our jigs set and pulling them along the pacific side. A few hours in, a 442lb blue came up on our mud flap teasers and then demolished our short corner, a purple Marlin Magic Bog Eye. After a 20 minute fight Davis had the fish near the boat and Sam was able to get ahold of the leader. I stood by with a flying gaff (Custom made by Cousin's Tackle along with all our rods) and stuck the fish in the shoulder when the time came. As we slid the fish through the transom door we knew we had accomplished something special. We caught the largest blue of the tournament, first fish of the tournament and our core crew was all under the age of 28. I am 23, Evan is 25 and Sam is 27. What whet from a dream/goal several months ago became a reality! We are stoked to be able to earn 5th place honors and will be back next year for more.

If you have any questions regarding tournament fishing, feel free to ask! Here is an article about the story by Bryce at the Union Tribune: http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...iller/sd-sp-miller-marlin-20171112-story.html

Enjoy these photos (99% were taken by me)

_MG_0069.jpeg
_MG_0012.jpeg
IMG_8301.JPG
IMG_8312.JPG
IMG_8330.JPG
IMG_8389.JPG
IMG_8399.JPG
IMG_8403.JPG
IMG_8431.JPG
IMG_8461.JPG
IMG_8506.JPG
IMG_8473.JPG
IMG_8477.JPG
IMG_8485.JPG
IMG_8533.JPG
IMG_8542.JPG
IMG_8562.JPG
IMG_8565.JPG
IMG_8576.JPG

karlk1125

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 20, 2008
Bodega Bay
Name
Karl Kobler
Boat
2008 World Cat 320 EC twin Mercury v8 300 Verado “Freedom”
Fuck yeah!!! Love the young guns fucking shit up!

carterantebi

I hate fishing
Oct 9, 2016
Coronado
Name
Carter
Boat
Pacific Queen!
So sick Zach! That "Gladiator" sure is a beauty.