Offshore Birthday bluefin

1morefish

Sep 29, 2009
san diego,ca
Name
DAN
Boat Name
12 ft. inflatable
I moved to lake Havasu 7 years ago from San Diego and have not been tuna fishing in 8 years so I called a friend here in lake Havasu to see if he wanted to book a 2.5day trip out of fisherman’s landing in San Diego where my wife worked for many years. The trip was amazing we had limits after just a day and a half. The crew of the islander were top notch and the passengers were experienced. I caught my personal best bluefin tuna that weighed 150lbs don’t wait the fish of a lifetime is only 60 miles offshore.
161A2056-9F16-435F-9591-7F76ECD4344D.jpeg

Upvote 0

Peteb

newbie my ass
  • Nov 30, 2010
    Lake Havasu City, Az
    Name
    Pete
    Boat Name
    None
    I moved to lake Havasu 7 years ago from San Diego and have not been tuna fishing in 8 years so I called a friend here in lake Havasu to see if he wanted to book a 2.5day trip out of fisherman’s landing in San Diego where my wife worked for many years. The trip was amazing we had limits after just a day and a half. The crew of the islander were top notch and the passengers were experienced. I caught my personal best bluefin tuna that weighed 150lbs don’t wait the fish of a lifetime is only 60 miles offshore.View attachment 1387435
    From a fellow ex San Diego resident and present Havasuian.
    Good job!

Upvote 0

Steve Francis

Sep 11, 2006
    --
    Name
    StephenKatSea
    Boat Name
    .--.
    Best eating fish in Havasu are the Redear Sunfish. And world record sized Redear are found in the lake. Seems Redear feed on quagga mussels and there's plenty of those in Havasu. Too bad the Redear do not eat enough of them to make much of a dent in their population.

Reactions: sdjfish
    Upvote 0

1morefish

Sep 29, 2009
    san diego,ca
    Name
    DAN
    Boat Name
    12 ft. inflatable
    The 2 setups I mainly use are 1. Shimano zodias 6ft10inch medium lite with a shimano
    Stradic good for finesse baits I mainly use zman trd in craw colors and dropshotting works well using roboworm 4inch alive shad in different shad colors. 2. Taipan 7ft2inch medium small swmbait rod with shiimano Stradic reel I like to use 4 inch Keitechs or any good action small swimba it florocarbon line helps the water is super clear

Upvote 0

jeffkaiser

• Oct 14, 2005
    escondido, ca
    Name
    Drew Ann
    Boat Name
    Grady White Adventure 208
    The 2 setups I mainly use are 1. Shimano zodias 6ft10inch medium lite with a shimano
    Stradic good for finesse baits I mainly use zman trd in craw colors and dropshotting works well using roboworm 4inch alive shad in different shad colors. 2. Taipan 7ft2inch medium small swmbait rod with shiimano Stradic reel I like to use 4 inch Keitechs or any good action small swimba it florocarbon line helps the water is super clear
    Thanks for the scoop!

Upvote 0