7raptor

happy to be here
Sep 18, 2004
The Islands
Name
yup
Boat
A Big One
My partner and his daughter forgot to put the cover on the skiff when they left it on the mooring the other day and it got absolutely f-ing devastated by pelicans. The whole boat covered in grey slime shit. It's a Quicksilver 130.

Hauled it out and cleaned the entire ship with simple green and brushes - it's all "clean" but it still reeks. Like smells so bad I won't fish on it. What can I use to get rid of the smell?

Upvote 0

Randy V

Slamma Jamma
Mar 19, 2008
Insane Diego, CA
Name
Randy
Boat
30' Kona Star
Take a 5 gallon bucket and pour 1/2 gallon cheap white vinegar into it.

Then, pour in a full box of baking soda.

Get to work.

LOL

Upvote 0

gecsr1

Plain Jane Rods...Hobby Rod Builder
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
No Boat Now
I don't think I would use bleach, it may stain or discolor the fabric on your inflatable....

Upvote 0

Ultimate Catch

One life to live!!
  • Jul 30, 2008
    San Diego
    cox.net
    Name
    Rob
    Boat
    Luhrs Tournament series
    My partner and his daughter forgot to put the cover on the skiff when they left it on the mooring the other day and it got absolutely f-ing devastated by pelicans. The whole boat covered in grey slime shit. It's a Quicksilver 130.

Hauled it out and cleaned the entire ship with simple green and brushes - it's all "clean" but it still reeks. Like smells so bad I won't fish on it. What can I use to get rid of the smell?

Slap the shit out of your partner and his daughter for forgetting to cover the boat.... that should take the smell out....:drool:

Upvote 0

nefarious235

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Aug 1, 2008
    Proudly American
    Name
    Dan
    Boat
    canoe & plastic flotsam
    Go to the 99 cent store and get a couple of bottles of AWESOME. NO kidding, this stuff is great on upholstery stains.

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
    May 4, 2004
    santee ca.
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
    febreeze it!

Upvote 0

jigstrike

SCUBA Spearing Daddy
    Feb 28, 2004
    Sabre Springs
    Name
    Tom McKinney
    Boat
    Pacific Option, a 2006 Tiara 3000 Open
    I would try mirazyme. It work great on wetsuits to clean off the piss smell as well as the dead microscopic critters and plankton that gets all over a suit when lobster diving. I have even used it to clean out the smell in "forgotten" ice chests as well as garbage cans. You just spray it on and let it go to work.

Upvote 0

Latest posts