Biggest fish on...

ZZZZZ

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
Wanted to join the 10 foot, 100lb YFT skip jig club. Ringed a owner treble on a mint 7x for branman and some of my 7xs. His long rod was in back of the bait tank, legally outside clarion back then. Fish popped up. Fired his 10 footer and not mine. Came up short. 76lbs dock weighed. Newell 533, 50# blue izor to land what is hooked, 7x to ringed owner treble. Hang them looking or turning at the last nano second

Drags fried. Palming the spool
124070-1147974988-5636d0c64d57ab453e2cb84102857588 (1).jpg
IMG_20200717_134200.jpg

IMG_20201012_092041.jpg

This same trip. There were 52 wahoo caught with a good amount of troll fish. I landed 12 on casting jigs with ringed owner stinger treble hook.

IMG_20200611_132130.jpg

I wrote a report just before I moved abroad. Unfortunately someone mistook my (owner stinger hook) for a single hook. This person converted many LR fishers lures to a (single owner stinger hook) and not a owner stinger treble. The complaints came in

This stinger treble hook
Owner-Treble-Stinger-ST41-2.jpg

Not this owner stinger hook for wahoo. Attached to the top of the lure

Owner-5284DS-2.jpg

Last edited:

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
Maybe clarify,standing up and not on the rail!Tom

Agreed. I installed my Newells with the Cabontex drag washers.

Grabed branmans stock Newell and 10ftr with a mint 7x that was in back of the bait tank as the fish popped. Closest long rod to me. That I ringed to the jig

THE DRAGS fried. Only way to hold the fish was palming the spool, just before gaff

Luckily the RP back then carried Newell parts. And fast RP crew member, Eddie repaired the reel

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
Under 15 minute fish, 76lbs. Blew out on the first few skips, down wind ultra fire. Lost almost all drag on the up and down. Newell

Most classic words ever, from Norm. Who is this Alby guy LOL? All time

Last edited:

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
Rad Jay. Killer surprise gotta pay to play LOL do some yoga :D. Good luck next Alaska trip and thanks for the cold water fish offers.

I have a 50lb black seabass skin mount from the Coronado islands, Mexico and legal. Off the Mascot 6 on my 10th birthday in 88 on a overnight. Started off night fishing off the bull ring when the sandbass used to night float. On a stud healthy chovie and the only chovie I saw in the bait well, later in the afternoon. One reason why I grabbed the stud chovie. Was the men pushed me out of the stern while sardine Yellowtail fishing so I went to the bow (my dad was there but not a fisherman). I didn't want to use their sardines. Plus I was curious about the purplelish stud chovie that I already know works for sandbass and sculpin and calicos. Along the bottom or in the bush

That trip was first week of October. Anchored in the middle grounds. With small BFT in the chum way way out the back. Natural not pen attracted. BFT never to be seen again at nados for decades