rock&reel

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 26, 2007
Downey
Name
Dale
Boat
Proline
I was at SavOn Tackle today and was told quite a few Bigeye were caught yesterday and most lost due to how big the fish were. Has anyone else heard about this.....and if so ...where were they caught?

@-EZ

Fail, try again.
Apr 9, 2007
San Diego, CA.
Name
Max
Boat
Trophy Pro, @-EZ
Patience, young Jedi.

They may be here, but down deep. A couple more weeks may tell the tale.

Last edited:
Reactions: GOFAST88

strackle99

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 20, 2008
Villa Lepro, Baja
Name
Todd
Boat
The one on the fish
That report from the Tonnage was a typical two day, 10-species trip.
Just a little fishy

catchabigone

Fair is fair. Donate Life. Be an organ donor
Dec 14, 2006
shelter cove
Name
dave
Boat
2008 Trophy 2152, Seafoam
get out there at grey light either end of the day, put out a couple of large size Spreader bars with a jet head or cedar plug or two around them and two xrap30's under them and troll where they are getting the biggest yft at the time in the area and troll til daylight. if you don't get any you are already in the yft area. That is what I would do. But I don't know too much, and I learned fishing the canyons off of New Jersey. And as we all know there are no fish in jersey!

I wish my trailer was in better shape!!!

Last edited:

Bigeasy

yeah, yeah!
Jun 18, 2008
Vallejo, CA
Name
Eric W.
Boat
Tunacious 238 Coastal Twin 150-E
get out there at grey light either end of the day, put out a couple of large size Spreader bars with a jet head or cedar plug or two around them and two xrap30's under them and troll where they are getting the biggest yft at the time in the area and troll til daylight. if you don't get any you are already in the yft area. That is what I would do. But I don't know too much, and I learned fishing the canyons off of New Jersey. And as we all know there are no fish in jersey!

I wish my trailer was in better shape!!!

You have a 2008 Trophy and the trailer is in bad shape? What did you do to it? Sounds like a game plan though! They have fish in Jersey! Don't they? LMAO!

catchabigone

Fair is fair. Donate Life. Be an organ donor
Dec 14, 2006
shelter cove
Name
dave
Boat
2008 Trophy 2152, Seafoam
You Know the boat works perfect, every switch and light and pump on the boat work. The damn thing has been 60 miles offshore, has been plugged with 37 albacore. That is with three fish bags and all the holes plugged with ice and fish we did not have any more room. I would buy another Trophy in a minute. I got this one, a brand new leftover for a quarter the price of other highly priced boats. I have had nothing but good times on her (right out there with the more expensive boats Gradys and Davis) and she has towed in her share that's for sure. Coast guard is hours away by boat and there is no sea tow here. Sp we take care of ourselves including towing each other in.

Now the trailer is another story. Where I live I have to drive over the coastal mountains to get to 101 to drive 75 miles to a repair facility. But I live two miles from the launch, so the darn thing has fallen into disrepair due to only having to go four miles roundtrip to fish. There are no repairs in the Cove. It is fine to fish here but to take it to get fixed I need to hire a mobile mechanic just to get it safe to tow to the shop. I feel like splurging and buying a new trailer just to use a travel trailer and just use the old one in the Cove, I just don't have an extra 4 grand lying around, or the new one would be ordered already.

Predatormonster

PredatorMonster
May 18, 2013
Cali
Name
Dan Monster
Boat
Predatormonster
I have a 2004 trophy and its been a sweetheart . Very fishy and i still love her . I am on my second trailer . The first one was a POS made by caravan and fell apart . Finally someone ran it over at shelter island so my insurance bought me a brand new pacific . I bought one intendeded for a 26 foot boat for the extra heavy duty factor . Its been pretty good excluding the POS brake actuator they cheaped out on . 2nd one . I have to keep it caked in grease to keep from rusting out . The boat hull is designed by boston whaler from what I heard .

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
Aug 11, 2006
Costa Mesa
Name
Ron
Boat
several
They gotta be coming in more numbers soon!! I'm looking for #3 on my bucket list! LOL