IMG_2118.jpg

Upvote 0

bdogie1

• May 27, 2015
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    getsome
    Yea nothing going to happen if that fish sits on deck for a 1hour or more just bleed it out and get some more!!

Upvote 0

dudeman

Apr 5, 2011
    san diego
    Name
    jason
    Boat
    Fish Taco
    Good respect for the meat. I did the same thing when we got a 48lb white sea bass without ice off LJ. We fished for an hour before I got concerned about the meat degrading. It was sunny and getting warm.

Upvote 0

ranchero

fishing-pox..?I have fishing plauge
    Apr 29, 2004
    SD
    Name
    Al
    Boat
    25 skipjack -Albatross
    AWESOME! Great fish! Agree on wet towel or just head down in bait tank. YT keep well in 54 degree water for sure. Seems like they are always there when the weather cooperates. That scenario with birds sitting and some dolphins kicking around is common but not had much luck with that. Good to know. For me usually it's some birds terns trailing/chasing bait and boils moving my way- right before sun down. You never know. I fish sans electronics on my zodiak- so my nose, eyes on birds, gut, and a trolled rapala are my finders. YT are always there.

I remember that morning. Not sure what the moon was doing but took a ride to the beach off tamarack that morniing in the cool fog and talked to a guy who caught and released 2 white sharks- 6 ft and 8 ft that night- and thought to myself...I bet bait stacking up nice at the nw corner of lj about now!!! But- im always thinking that. Was thinking same last night w tide going high at 8p

Upvote 0