Smitty619vt

Oct 24, 2019
San Diego
Name
Jay
Boat
Sea Pro 21
Sorry for the late report...

When out for a quick fishing session Sunday morning before the Super Bowl with one of my boys looking for some Calicos & Sculpin in LJ.

The fog was gnarly with crap visibility. Having Radar was clutch for sure.

When up to the Northwest corner got to 120 ft and started looking for marks and rolled up on a bunch of birds sitting on the water and a pair of dolphins hiding in the fog. ( Water temp 58.2f)

We marked a couple of small bait balls so we dropped our lines and bam I was hooked up about halfway down the water column on a 3.5 oz green-blue razor minnow with 25 # leader on my first cast.

Fish put up a great fight, had him landed in the boat by 8:30 am.

Didn't bring any ice so we headed in for ice and gas then when back out for a couple more hours with no more luck

Weight in at 34.6 lbs.

Not bad for some wintertime fishing.

I think this is a Good Omen we're all going to have an Epic fishing season for 2021 in Socal!

Tight lines!

0.jpg

1.jpg

Upvote 0

gettingbentwithbo

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
16' Starcraft SF SS
Wow! Now that's what I am talking about! Love them winter yellows!

Upvote 0

SaltH20Angler

I'm not superstitious... cuz it's bad luck.
  • Aug 6, 2016
    SoCal - Corona
    Name
    Christopher
    Boat
    I know a couple guys...
    Hell yeah Jason!! That's a Donkey for sure bro.

Now you have proof of what I've been suspecting all along... ice is bad luck...lol.

Would of really enjoyed the stoke of celebrating that catch with you guys.

@99Phishing and @Benny Mora... You guys believe we fished offshore with this guy all summer and he had a local LJ honeyhole this whole time? 🤪

Happy for you man!! Hoping to see some sushi pics.

Reactions: 99Phishing
    Upvote 0

RAYH

Aug 10, 2007
    TEMECULA
    Name
    RAY
    Boat
    36 SEARAY
    Sorry for the late report...

When out for a quick fishing session Sunday morning before the Super Bowl with one of my boys looking for some Calicos & Sculpin in LJ.

The fog was gnarly with crap visibility. Having Radar was clutch for sure.

When up to the Northwest corner got to 120 ft and started looking for marks and rolled up on a bunch of birds sitting on the water and a pair of dolphins hiding in the fog. ( Water temp 58.2f)

We marked a couple of small bait balls so we dropped our lines and bam I was hooked up about halfway down the water column on a 3.5 oz green-blue razor minnow with 25 # leader on my first cast.

Fish put up a great fight, had him landed in the boat by 8:30 am.

Didn't bring any ice so we headed in for ice and gas then when back out for a couple more hours with no more luck

Weight in at 34.6 lbs.

Not bad for some wintertime fishing.

I think this is a Good Omen we're all going to have an Epic fishing season for 2021 in Socal!

Tight lines!

View attachment 1252562

View attachment 1252563
    nice lj yellows shes a slob

Upvote 0

onehottip

I Should Upgrade My Account
    May 8, 2006
    So cal
    Name
    Guerms
    Boat
    18.5 Wahoo cc , Evinrude Etec V6 135 HO
    So then? Wet towel over slug yellow while u fish for more ? And how long till quality falters. Just asking no snark 🤙🏽
    IMO you were only 20 min from the dock. Game fish can disappear quickly. I would have gave it 30 min to get some more before heading in. Stick the fish in splashwell or bait tank. Pour some water into the kill bag. Water is cold now! Wet towel for a short time is fine. Of course ice immediately is best but if there was more to catch, I would gave it some time before I left possible biting yt. No snark here either. Nice fish congrats!

Last edited:
    Upvote 0