BIG YELLOWS AT CHANNEL ISLANDS

If you had to pick only two ways to consider yourself getting best shot at getting bit what would th

• Time on Water

Votes: 17 77.3%
  • Reading about the bite and tactics in the week's paper

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Doing research on surface Temps and chlorophyll

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Having a group of friends that share there fishing Intel ?

Votes: 11 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
PENN

Islandhook'r

Almost A Member
May 24, 2009
thousand oaks/ca/usa
Name
Scott Reynolds
Boat
21' wellcraft sportfisher CC
This is a late report guys but had to make sure that we got the inner fishing circle on the bite. I have gone out the last 2 Tuesdays hitting exellent yellowtail fishing. We were at the island and had no conditions at the first spot tried. Made the move up island to find warmer water and some current. Ended up flying up island when I noticed some birds that just looked different. They were not working but kinda clustered together in the middle of nowhere. Told my partner that I bet those birds are sitting on 150ft . Sure enough they were 150 exactly, metered around and marked some yellows. Dropped irons on the head and BAM, game on. We ended up going 3 for 7 due to a couple bad knots and bottom. While we are pulling up fish here comes boils all around the boat and ocean comes alive . Torpedoes start shooting by which all looked well over 30 with a couple BIG boys in the mix. They were big home guards and we took two well over 30 and one closer to 25. Weather ended up coming in so next time we could get out was following tuesday. Checked surface temp and chlorophyll just to get idea where warmer water was and maybe bait. Of coarse we had straight to our numbers and look at meter and there they are again . We drop down the irons and WHAMMY, Double hook up. Look at my buddy in disbelief that we are on this bite all alone with no boat in site 2 weeks in a row. Bites just don't stay quiet that long especially cause I owed some people some good Intel and even called a party boat captain to get people on these fish before weather came through and changed it all up. What I can say is guys get out there and do your research and fish are to be had. Good luck to all you guys and looking forward to 2016.

Pictures to come once on my computer but I did make it on WON in private boaters section. The two big ugly guys at the top . I'm the better looking one on right. Hopefully Pat puts in the latest pics from last Tuesday in this week's issue.

Upvote 0

reel man

Common sense
Dec 31, 2004
Burbank, CA
Name
Jerry
Boat
Spirit of Adventure
This is a late report guys but had to make sure that we got the inner fishing circle on the bite. I have gone out the last 2 Tuesdays hitting exellent yellowtail fishing. We were at the island and had no conditions at the first spot tried. Made the move up island to find warmer water and some current. Ended up flying up island when I noticed some birds that just looked different. They were not working but kinda clustered together in the middle of nowhere. Told my partner that I bet those birds are sitting on 150ft . Sure enough they were 150 exactly, metered around and marked some yellows. Dropped irons on the head and BAM, game on. We ended up going 3 for 7 due to a couple bad knots and bottom. While we are pulling up fish here comes boils all around the boat and ocean comes alive . Torpedoes start shooting by which all looked well over 30 with a couple BIG boys in the mix. They were big home guards and we took two well over 30 and one closer to 25. Weather ended up coming in so next time we could get out was following tuesday. Checked surface temp and chlorophyll just to get idea where warmer water was and maybe bait. Of coarse we had straight to our numbers and look at meter and there they are again . We drop down the irons and WHAMMY, Double hook up. Look at my buddy in disbelief that we are on this bite all alone with no boat in site 2 weeks in a row. Bites just don't stay quiet that long especially cause I owed some people some good Intel and even called a party boat captain to get people on these fish before weather came through and changed it all up. What I can say is guys get out there and do your research and fish are to be had. Good luck to all you guys and looking forward to 2016.

Pictures to come once on my computer but I did make it on WON in private boaters section. The two big ugly guys at the top . I'm the better looking one on right. Hopefully Pat puts in the latest pics from last Tuesday in this week's issue.
We'll be out Wed, and hopefully get on them. Dropper loop?

Upvote 0