Big T- look who is a 3.5 point dog

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by KnotyBuoyz, Oct 7, 2017.

1. KnotyBuoyz

KnotyBuoyz Not so newbie anymore

Name:
    Randall
    Boat:
    27x10
    Your Utes! At home, against an unranked 3-2 team who will be using a backup QB, against a team who lost to a G5 school. Matchup predictor shows 76-24 in favor of Stanford. You have got to be kidding me. How you going to assess your way out of this one bro?:D

Update- just checked my assessment predictor > all signs point to another media bias rant coming soon.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  2. BiggestT

BiggestT I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    Vegas line reflects their wish to balance the betting. Line opened Ferd -6.5, then dropped to -7, before moving up to the -3.5. Why? Injuries. 2nd string QB, 2 Starting DE's out with injuries, plus our best LB, and one safety out for a half due to targeting. Not sure how this plays out, but it is a home game and Utah has owned Ferd in the PAC 12. If Utah contains Bryce Love, they win. I gotta believe the Utah D is better than SDSU's. Utah does not have the run game of SDSU, but the pass game is better. Just more predictable with Troy Williams at QB.

At +7.0 I was considering putting some money on Utah, but the injuries kept me away. Utah is 4-0 ATS this year.

3. KnotyBuoyz

Name:
    Randall
    Boat:
    27x10
    Bottom line T, it appears Utah football and Rodney have a lot in common:mad:

416D94A5-C99C-42D3-A723-2D99282C6ED1.jpeg

I am however still picking the Utes to win outright:D

4. BiggestT

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    Well looked dare, 3-2 Iowa St. just knocked off Oklahoma, a team tOSU lost to at home. That doesn't bode well.

5. KnotyBuoyz

Name:
    Randall
    Boat:
    27x10
    Now there is a deflected punt if I have ever seen one. What does that have to do with Stanford v Utah?:confused:

6. BiggestT

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    tOSU loss to Oklahoma now looking worse.

Yep, nothing to do with Stanford vs Utah. I know you'll be watching. I'll be right on the West Side 50, row 36.

7. KnotyBuoyz

Name:
    Randall
    Boat:
    27x10
    Not really T, if you are going to have a loss, better to have it against a top five ranked team early in the season, than against an unranked team mid season. tOSU halftime score of 41-7 has them looking like a playoff contender despite what the Oky Boyz did:rockin:. “They are who we thought they were”

Hell yes I will be watching that Utes game, how else do you expect me to gather assessment data;) Good luck and enjoy the game.

BiggestT likes this.
  8. BiggestT

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    View from stadium sky box talegater...

IMG_0001.JPG

9. BiggestT

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    View from seats

IMG_0002.JPG

10. BiggestT

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    Well, we now know why Troy Williams lost the starting QB position to sophomore Tyler Huntley. The entire crowd was mortified when he threw the blind, jumping marlin Hail Mary pass for an INT. Pure desperation and inevitable fail. Two red zone possessions for 6 points = fail. Poor long snapping on punts and place kicking. This team is what it is. Huntley likely out for a couple more games. They'll be lucky to win 3 of the next 7. Defense was good and would have been even better if the offense game them a break.

11. KnotyBuoyz

Name:
    Randall
    Boat:
    27x10
    Nice seats!
    No doubt you didn’t see what you wanted from those very fine seats. Pretty fair assessment, offense just wasn’t getting enough production and didn’t capitalize when they had chances.

On the other hand, did you see what the beloved Buckeyes did to Maryland? They are trending nicely, perhaps you should jump on that band wagon bro! Everybody knows they have top four talent and the wagons will be filling quickly, just watch. :D

12. BiggestT

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    I saw the score. As noted, Maryland was on their 3rd string, true freshman QB. But it was a beatdown. Surprised that Urban Meyer would pull a RUTS.

As for Troy Williams, he was 5-4 in the PAC last year, but 4 of his OL were drafted by the NFL where at least 2 are starters (Bolles for Denver and Asiata for Miami). He was terrible in the red zone last year and that persisted in this game. He's just not quick enough processing the defense and making decisions. Once he leaves the pocket, his accuracy goes way down.

It's too bad they didn't use the run to set up the pass. Utah was averaging 7 yards per carry on the run. That would have kept the D honest and opened up the pass game, but this new OC is spread pass offense guy.

Mistakes and penalties at key times persist. This will be an ugly season.

We drove home yesterday. Had Columbus Day off to clean up cars and work on real work that I'm behind on.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017