DavePloessel

Overinflated Peacock
Jul 2, 2007
sandy eggo
Name
Dave P
Boat
nope
thought this was noteworthy. Far and away the biggest one I've ever seen. had it to myself 'till I got tired of shooting fish and bailed.

10515179_10202525928414378_7204155066727835501_o.jpeg

Upvote 0

yrd

BS on no pics ..!.,
Jun 14, 2009
Flux
Name
Ted
Boat
anything w/ HOOK-UP!!!
holy chit!!!!! As they say, That's a spicy meatball (full of fish???!!!???) Any approximate location? (could be a navigational or googanal hazard!)

Reactions: Tdubbzskis
Upvote 0

Ultimate Catch

One life to live!!
  • Jul 30, 2008
    San Diego
    cox.net
    Name
    Rob
    Boat
    Luhrs Tournament series
    It was at point Loma kelp bed. Notice he only took a pic of one side of the paddy, if its the biggest he's ever saw,why not a pic of the whole thing? And no pic or mention of what kind of fish he caught? And on a jet-ski.....something fishy in this report.

Reactions: badpetedave
    Upvote 0

GOFAST88

WORKHARD-FISHHARD
    Sep 8, 2012
    Murrieta
    Name
    Tyler
    Boat
    14' Livingston
    I believe it... I think last summer we called this dude onto a patty at the 302. It was LOADED with lock jaw dorado. We see this dude from way back and try calling him on the radio...Nothin... gets a lil closer annnnnd Its a dude on a CAMO jet ski, wet suit, 3 or 4 gas cans strapped to the front, spear rack on one side, Kill bag on the other and a landing pad on the back.( Has to be same guy haha not too many of those crazy mofo's out there ) but RAD rig. He told us he went all the way to hidden bank that day. Long story short, he was in the water for 5 min. and speared 2 fat Dorado! Keep feeding steel to those fish from the SKI mang!

Upvote 0

DavePloessel

Overinflated Peacock
    Jul 2, 2007
    sandy eggo
    Name
    Dave P
    Boat
    nope
    gofast. that was me last summer on the 302! thanks for letting me hop in!

for the rest of the questions: yes i was on a ski. yes i was offshore (look in the mirror on the ski.. no land in sight) yes i have numbers. be happy to share them but this was from monday so who knows how far the thing has drifted
    there were several hundred yt under that thing, with a couple peanut bft in the mix.

Upvote 0

rodngun762

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Jul 12, 2005
    Name
    Boat
    Beautiful picture Dave! Another month and who knows what could be under that thing.... dorado for sure, and a lot more tuna?

We still have a lot to look forward to. Glad to see we have good amount of kelp out there for fish to aggregate around. Next summer, if el nino strengthens, maybe we won't be lucky as it dies off?

Upvote 0

GOFAST88

WORKHARD-FISHHARD
    Sep 8, 2012
    Murrieta
    Name
    Tyler
    Boat
    14' Livingston
    gofast. that was me last summer on the 302! thanks for letting me hop in!

for the rest of the questions: yes i was on a ski. yes i was offshore (look in the mirror on the ski.. no land in sight) yes i have numbers. be happy to share them but this was from monday so who knows how far the thing has drifted
    there were several hundred yt under that thing, with a couple peanut bft in the mix.
    HAHA!! Very cool! Hope to see ya out there again! headin out sat. we are going south. hit me up if your out there sticky biz 3.

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
    May 4, 2004
    santee ca.
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
    I remember seeing a paddy looked just like that a few years ago....If anyone has seen that paddy recently and comes forward I wont call BS.......Until then though:)

Upvote 0

Rabid Fish

Jun 27, 2004
    Southern California
    Name
    Alex
    Boat
    26'
    It was at point Loma kelp bed. Notice he only took a pic of one side of the paddy, if its the biggest he's ever saw,why not a pic of the whole thing? And no pic or mention of what kind of fish he caught? And on a jet-ski.....something fishy in this report.

Look at the water color... clearly offshore

Some of the jet ski guys are crazed. I'd say he's legit.

He's definitely legit, a well-respected guy in the spearo community

Upvote 0

tlong

Almost A Member
    Aug 4, 2006
    newport beach
    Name
    tim
    Boat
    43, cabo, jackpot
    Yup, looks exactly like the same paddy we fished/speared, just above 33 line, yt, yft,bft. We were fishing/spearing in the lee of it.

Upvote 0