flyliner

@thereelflyliner
Aug 19, 2007
Santa Monica
Name
Jonathan
Boat
31' Cabo Express
This past week I had some time off so I took advantage of the incredible kelp paddy yellowtail bite that seemingly came out of nowhere.

I fished almost every day this week and each trip we scored fish at or over the 30 pound mark.

We caught fish just a few miles outside the 150, in the channel between Catalina, off the usual local banks, and even within only a few miles of the beach. Water temps holding fish were as cold as 61 and has warm as 66.

It really has been a blast.....but I guess I have to try to catch one of those 100+ pound Bluefin now.

It's not even June yet!

Upvote 0
Apr 20, 2009
Seal Beach
Name
Steven
Boat
soon...
Beautiful yellows. I've been waiting for one of your typical posts hahaha. If someone lands a 100+ pounder up here its going to be you. They've been starting to move up the line the past few days. I think they're at the 14 and in the channel and just need to be found...

Upvote 0

26grumpy

who hooked who
Sep 24, 2006
Anaheim Hills
Name
Joe
Boat
Freefrom Boats Club
The wrecking crew strikes again!!!

Way to get it done J.

Upvote 0

Tuna Vic

I Should Upgrade My Account
Mar 17, 2010
Whittier California
Name
Victor
Boat
18ftC/CWellcraft Calico Time II
Saw your post and had to look,awesome pictures as usual,but still missing those sushi shots!

Upvote 0

Mick

fishdivesurf
Jul 2, 2004
San Diego
Name
Kingfisher
Boat
21 Cuddy, No Ka Oi
Great pictures, Those little rats from last year are all grown up!

Upvote 0

REPO

CHEETAH
Apr 20, 2009
RIVERSIDE, CA, US
Name
TIM
Boat
36 ft SEA RAY
Good job. Excellent pics. We're those on bait or jigs?

Excited about this season as well as the last few were bad. Thanks again for the report.

Upvote 0