I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 21, 2015
Marina del Rey
Name
Cory
Boat
Skipjack 24 Open - Pau Hana
Late report here.

It was a goal of mine to catch a 200 pound tuna this year. I've had too many skunk trips, small tuna, boat problems, you name it over the years. Seeing reports here of people catching the big dogs and wondering if it'll ever be my turn to connect while we have this incredible fishery.

Left Thursday night on a buddy's boat and headed from MDR to Clemente. No meter marks at all for flat fall fishing. We traded off night watch until early am Friday. Set up kite and balloon and trolled the yummy for a bit with no luck. Decided to set up a drift with a G-Fly in a DESPERATE attempt to put a tuna on the boat. 3 minutes in, the flyer gets annihilated. Tiagra 50w, 400lb leader, 130 JBHC,12/0 Jobu, big ass stinger. 55 minute fight and have our first of three monsters. Didn't have a tape and honestly don't care about the exact number, maybe you can tell me what you think. Multiple blow ups mangled many flying fish. Incredible to see these big fish attacking the flyers. We had good teamwork on the boat. As soon as we had one on another flyer went out and at one time had a double going on the cows. It was unbelievable that it was finally coming together. The screaming on the blow ups, the high fives, the stoke is high! We had to leave with three because we didn't have enough ice!

I've learned a lot from this community. From rigging to reports, BD has been an invaluable knowledge base in helping me catch fish and hopefully helping others catch fish. Thank you boys. Now if I could only afford Fish Dope hahah

IMG_7852.jpg IMG_7851.jpg image1.jpg IMG_7813.jpg IMG_7819.jpg

Steve Francis

Sep 11, 2006
--
Name
StephenKatSea
Boat
.--.
Congrats - Outstanding! You've obviously done your homework. Yes, BD has provided some very good info on these cow BFTs.

Reactions: C.Bergs

SouthBayKiller

Mar 27, 2003
Long Beach, CA
Name
Robert
Boat
none
Late report here.

It was a goal of mine to catch a 200 pound tuna this year. I've had too many skunk trips, small tuna, boat problems, you name it over the years. Seeing reports here of people catching the big dogs and wondering if it'll ever be my turn to connect while we have this incredible fishery.

Left Thursday night on a buddy's boat and headed from MDR to Clemente. No meter marks at all for flat fall fishing. We traded off night watch until early am Friday. Set up kite and balloon and trolled the yummy for a bit with no luck. Decided to set up a drift with a G-Fly in a DESPERATE attempt to put a tuna on the boat. 3 minutes in, the flyer gets annihilated. Tiagra 50w, 400lb leader, 130 JBHC,12/0 Jobu, big ass stinger. 55 minute fight and have our first of three monsters. Didn't have a tape and honestly don't care about the exact number, maybe you can tell me what you think. Multiple blow ups mangled many flying fish. Incredible to see these big fish attacking the flyers. We had good teamwork on the boat. As soon as we had one on another flyer went out and at one time had a double going on the cows. It was unbelievable that it was finally coming together. The screaming on the blow ups, the high fives, the stoke is high! We had to leave with three because we didn't have enough ice!

I've learned a lot from this community. From rigging to reports, BD has been an invaluable knowledge base in helping me catch fish and hopefully helping others catch fish. Thank you boys. Now if I could only afford Fish Dope hahah

View attachment 1069119 View attachment 1069120 View attachment 1069121 View attachment 1069122 View attachment 1069123
Nice work! We were out there on Saturday and Sunday. Got 2, but couldn't crack the cow mark. Oh well more fuel to fire for me!

KPN

Jul 29, 2014
Name
Khanh
Boat
None
Congrats on the catches guys

C.Bergs

Sep 21, 2015
Marina del Rey
Name
Cory
Boat
Skipjack 24 Open - Pau Hana
Your gonna need a bigger kill bag! Like a body bag!
Broke both zippers on the kill bag and came back with the inside completely ripped to shreds! Anyone got a huge kill bag for sale??

SouthBayKiller

Mar 27, 2003
Long Beach, CA
Name
Robert
Boat
none
Broke both zippers on the kill bag and came back with the inside completely ripped to shreds! Anyone got a huge kill bag for sale??
We roasted 200lbs of ice like it was nothing on 2 "small" ones, how much does it take for a super-size model?

Reliable is making a 42" x 90" cow sized bag now but it costs a kidney and a half. Thinking about maybe getting one anyways and bringing 400lbs of ice next trip.