Outhouse

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 13, 2007
Germantown, TN
Name
Jon Scobey
Boat
Titanic
I just heard of a service that handles the return shipping of your tackle. Has anyone here used this service and if so, could you share your experience?

triton91

Jul 11, 2006
Kaaawa
Name
John
Boat
23' Outrage
Yep that's the site, Mike can even service your reels too before shipping them back.

Workplacesafety

Reducing workplace injuries and illnesses
Feb 20, 2010
Long Beach Ca.
Name
Jeff Bruner
Boat
14ft Valco, San Diego Long Range Boats
Never thought about this, what a great idea. Hope it works out for you Jon. It's nerve wracking enough just living 100 miles away and dealing with everything myself. Good luck.

Reactions: SouthBayKiller

Chasntuna

Aug 12, 2008
South Carolina
Name
Brian
Boat
The one I choose to ride.
I can vouch for him. SImply a guy who saw a need for guys like me / us who air travel to SD, and built a small business to support it. He is definately a stand up guy, knows fishin' and loves it.

Reactions: NaplesJohn

clubhunter

Nov 23, 2008
Montgomery, Texas
Name
Rick Stevens
Boat
na
I will be using him on my upcoming August trip. Spoke with Mike over the phone for some time and feel very comfortable in using him. After my trip I will do a write up on my experience..

BirdnestBill

Farmer
Jan 7, 2010
La Guaira Bank, Los Roques, Eastern Pacific
Name
Bill
Boat
Porque' No?
Mike just helped me with logistics getting off an 8-day on the Intrepid. What potentially could get very complicated for long range "travelers" like me was SUPER SMOOTH thanks to Mike and Big Fish Transport. We got in at 5:30am and there he was with his pickup in front-row position. Loaded all my stuff up in his pickup and watched over everything as we unloaded fish and did business with Sarah at Five Star...I would highly recommend him for all the logistics in getting you and your gear to and from the boats. I think he even offers storage as well

Anglewood

Up to no good...
Feb 16, 2012
Culver City, CA
Name
Connor
Boat
Intrepid, New Del Mar
Mike just helped me with logistics getting off an 8-day on the Intrepid. What potentially could get very complicated for long range "travelers" like me was SUPER SMOOTH thanks to Mike and Big Fish Transport. We got in at 5:30am and there he was with his pickup in front-row position. Loaded all my stuff up in his pickup and watched over everything as we unloaded fish and did business with Sarah at Five Star...I would highly recommend him for all the logistics in getting you and your gear to and from the boats. I think he even offers storage as well
Hey Bill,

I didn't realize that was Mike watching over stuff. He was right by my pile and I felt better knowing he was there (along with others) as I have had fish disappear before while pushing carts. Great trip with you by the way, look forward to sharing the rail with you in the future.

-Connor

triton91

Jul 11, 2006
Kaaawa
Name
John
Boat
23' Outrage
Jon (outhouse):

Yes Mike is a standup guy. We have been friends for decades, fishing, racing outrigger canoes, restoring boats, etc. When my (wait "our") boat goes fishing Mike is a fixture on the boat, always has a spot and when he is not on the boat something is missing. Of course he is a source of great laughs and is one hell of a fisherman!!

Bill:

Glad all went great for you.

John

Outhouse

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 13, 2007
Germantown, TN
Name
Jon Scobey
Boat
Titanic
I spoke to mike tonight and I'll be using him the first week in September. He seems like a genuinely nice guy just trying to make a living by helping guys like me who have to travel with our gear.