He's On Again!?!
May 31, 2003
Poway redneck
www.wedigscripps.com
Name
Ron
Boat
23' Maritime Patriot
Spent three hours early this morning chasing around some good sized BFT. They were up crashing around bait pretty good, but we couldn't buy a bite - we threw everything we had at 'em. Fun to watch, but pretty demoralizing :finger:

Ended up running inside and found a paddy at 17 over 20 that was loaded with small 5 pound yellowtail. Screwing around with the 20 pound test and ended up almost getting smoked - like down to the last 20 yards of Spectra - before I was able to finally turn around the only tuna we would boat today.

1.jpg

2.jpg

C
cozenone
Okay, respectful but “ Big ones”. ??? Reminds me of a Whore that says “ that’s the nicest one I’ve ever seen”
Upvote 0
Hustler
Hustler
Everyone's a critic...
To be clear, the "big ones" were the big boys that we found in the morning by the 425 that we couldn't get to go (the screen shot of my Simrad). But I'm sure you probably figured that one out...
Upvote 0
Deckman
Deckman
Nice job on light line!!! We had trouble getting them to chew as well. Took a lot of live chum and chunk to get 2...
Upvote 0

SD2600

Opinions aren’t constitutional- they are earned
Apr 13, 2017
San diego
Name
Dustin
Boat
26' sea swirl
Great pic of your meter! Never thought I’d have to be careful running aground at those #’s!!!!!!! Nice fish!

Upvote 0

DOGHOUSE26

I Should Upgrade My Account
Feb 22, 2004
Escondido, CA
Name
jeff meeker
Boat
26 Blackman Billfisher
All those Sundays at Church finally paid off cuz that's a miracle on 20# bet you were really confident about landing that one about halfway through the spool.

Nice catch Thanks for the Intel!

Upvote 0

Hustler

He's On Again!?!
May 31, 2003
Poway redneck
www.wedigscripps.com
Name
Ron
Boat
23' Maritime Patriot
All those Sundays at Church finally paid off cuz that's a miracle on 20# bet you were really confident about landing that one about halfway through the spool.

Nice catch Thanks for the Intel!
Today was my 60th, I kept saying to myself, just let me see it and I'm happy. Next thing you know, it's in the boat.
Better than the dumb shirt my wife got me for my one and only present :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

queenfish

Nov 21, 2003
OB
Name
mark
Boat
19 Boston Whaler Nantucket
In the last 50 years out of San Diego that "little bft" would have won a hell of a lot of tournaments.
Just saying , don't get too cocky about local tuna.
In my book that's a hell of a fish.

Upvote 0

Baja Belk

Long sappy fish stories.
Sep 8, 2009
San Diego/CA/USA
Name
Mike
Boat
18.5 Striper CC - Puro Grande
Nice one Ron!

That thing probably ate one of the 5 lb yellows you hooked :)

Didn't you get a 100+ on 30lb last year? You're just a glutton for punishment aren't you....

Reactions: Hustler
Upvote 0