PENN

kbsigp228

Apr 24, 2012
Solana Beach Ca
Name
Kyle Bober
Boat
Kierra
Went out yesterday along with the rest of San Diego!

Boats were everywhere we managed to find a nice kelp holding good sz yellowtail and landed 8 within a few minutes, only two other boats saw us stopped and asked to join.

We moved on in search for the BFT we were told were in the area. At around 11:30 I saw an enormous boil which at first looked like dolphin but ended up being BFT some fish were jumping clear out of the water and had to be 100lb plus.

We hooked into 5 landed 3 and one was a yellowfin but the two bluefin were 50lb class fish.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Upvote 0

Ib1

Getting Saltier..
May 28, 2009
IB
Name
Matt
Boat
'Slayride' Invader 183 / Hobie Quest
Sweeet! Thanks for the report. Got a load of yft in the freezer, but it would be nice to get some bft to top it off!

Upvote 0

Predatormonster

PredatorMonster
May 18, 2013
Cali
Name
Dan Monster
Boat
Predatormonster
Way to find them ! Wow ! If those are 50 pound class tuna , those yellows must be 40 pounders ! Holy cow ! Great job !

Upvote 0

26grumpy

who hooked who
Sep 24, 2006
Anaheim Hills
Name
Joe
Boat
Freefrom Boats Club
HELL YES!!!!!

Nice score, these are the good old days you'll hear about in twenty years!!!

The ocean is dead....NOT!!!!!

Upvote 0

Predatormonster

PredatorMonster
May 18, 2013
Cali
Name
Dan Monster
Boat
Predatormonster
25 ..............nice hold outward .............always makes a good photo . Im still jealous !!!!!!!! No BFT yet for me !!!! I suck !

Upvote 0

NATIVE

Deeper and Faster
Apr 2, 2008
Earth
Name
'Smitty'
Boat
BaseCamp Parker 2520

Boats were everywhere we managed to find a nice kelp holding good sz yellowtail and landed 8 within a few minutes, only two other boats saw us stopped and asked to join.

We moved on in search for the BFT we were told were in the area. At around 11:30 I saw an enormous boil which at first looked like dolphin but ended up being BFT some fish were jumping clear out of the water and had to be 100lb plus.

We hooked into 5 landed 3 and one was a yellowfin but the two bluefin were 50lb class fish.

View attachment 529247

View attachment 529248

Nicer grade or sure- Good job.

Upvote 0

Ultimate Catch

One life to live!!
  • Jul 30, 2008
    San Diego
    cox.net
    Name
    Rob
    Boat
    Luhrs Tournament series

View attachment 529247

View attachment 529248

Are you sure you caught them off that boat? It looks spotless and the fish look perfect! Next time leave some blood so that way it looks like a battle took place.

Your picture of the fish on the deck look staged like for "Outdoor magazine". In other words simply awesome!

Upvote 0

kbsigp228

Apr 24, 2012
    Solana Beach Ca
    Name
    Kyle Bober
    Boat
    Kierra
    Are you sure you caught them off that boat? It looks spotless and the fish look perfect! Next time leave some blood so that way it looks like a battle took place.

Your picture of the fish on the deck look staged like for "Outdoor magazine". In other words simply awesome!

Ha lol, I was on a 43 foot Bertram leaving it bloody was not an option!

Reactions: Ultimate Catch
    Upvote 0