I Should Upgrade My Account
May 9, 2003
Vista
Visit site
Name
JIM
Boat
25 ft Skipjack Fisherman
Fished out of Oside for rock cod, went south hitting the stones all the way to Del Mar caught a bucket full of small reds and other assorted rock fish. Decided to try our luck drifting for halibut, set up in14 fathoms off ponto and rigged up dropper loop and pined on a nice live Mackey.Wind was right 5-8 knots made for a good drift, a bout 30 minutes into,the drift I get slammed! fish on good fight some deceit runs and then JD sinks the gaff in to a nice 48" Butt.
We're really jazzed so we reset and start our drift no go so reset and just as we hit the magical 10 fathom spot I look over at JD and say "we're going to get bit" and 45 seconds later JDs rod goes off and it is duping line off fast then it goes slack . We finish off the day at the Anderson pipe were we handed off our last 5 macks and gave the guy the spot numbers. Fished weighed 43 pounds on the spring scale!i
Go getem there there!!!

image.jpg image.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
Apr 28, 2004
CA.
Name
John Collar
Boat
Parker 2320
Congratulations, beautiful Halibut!

Reactions: Fishdude
Upvote 0

Miss Rebecca

Fishing the Great Northwest
Jul 1, 2007
Port Townsend, WA
www.missrebecca.net
Name
Gary
Boat
26' Maine lobsterboat, Miss Rebecca
Fished out of Oside for rock cod, went south hitting the stones all the way to Del Mar caught a bucket full of small reds and other assorted rock fish. Decided to try our luck drifting for halibut, set up in14 fathoms off ponto and rigged up dropper loop and pined on a nice live Mackey.Wind was right 5-8 knots made for a good drift, a bout 30 minutes into,the drift I get slammed! fish on good fight some deceit runs and then JD sinks the gaff in to a nice 48" Butt.
We're really jazzed so we reset and start our drift no go so reset and just as we hit the magical 10 fathom spot I look over at JD and say "we're going to get bit" and 45 seconds later JDs rod goes off and it is duping line off fast then it goes slack . We finish off the day at the Anderson pipe were we handed off our last 5 macks and gave the guy the spot numbers. Fished weighed 43 pounds on the spring scale!i
Go getem there there!!!

View attachment 800221 View attachment 800222

Upvote 0

CaptnJD

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 23, 2003
O'Side
Name
James
Boat
Skipjack 25, "BREAKAWAY" & CABO 35 "REEL AQUASITION"
Don't trust Anyone with Halibut spots haha. Wtg Jimmy on puttin the Biggest BUT ever on the BREAKAWAY...

Reactions: FloMar
Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
Good job guys... I love it when a huge fatty comes to color and you see it for the first time. You guys made the great gaff shot. Enjoy those filets. I'll be waiting for mine

Upvote 0