Big Ass Bluefin on the Malahini

stripedbizzle

Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles ca
Name
JTM
Boat
No
great catch.....he'll be chasing that feeling the rest of his life! ^^^this raises an interesting question though. if he was in the jackpot pool, is a young man like him supposed to surrender it to the crew? would the crew accept it? if they did are they jerks? just wondering???

in college right now and if I win a jackpot you best believe I'm keeping that so I wouldn't be knockin the kid haha

Reactions: strackle99

strackle99

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 20, 2008
Allied Gardens
Name
Todd
Boat
The one on the fish
I don't think the Malihini does JP anymore... Too much hassle

CalicoCody

Serial Fish Killer
May 31, 2010
Lakewood, CA
Name
Cody
Boat
21' Invader "Flounder Pounder"
H&M's facebook page said the kid was from Massachusetts... Think he had his own gear? or used someone he knows? or was a rent rodder? Any way you slice it that is a bruiser fish for sure.

c-nut

Fishing addict
Mar 2, 2003
Murrieta, CA
Name
Glenn
Boat
TBA

Hook n hand from the deck hand ..

That makes sense, what a gift, but he still had to work to unwrap it! Hopefully dad gave big tip!

Reactions: Blackfish

bajaspearo

May 25, 2006
Corona
Name
Tanner Cortes
Boat
18' Stringari
I was on that trip with my 8 year old son. That fish weighed at the landing was #125.

The kid was on vacation from Boston. he showed up on deck with a spin rod and rent rod. He used a borrowed boat stick.

We ran into those monsters around 3pm. They did not drop down much when the skipper drifted into them. All hell broke loose when the bait was brailed. I hooked one on the flatfall and was almost spooled on the 1st run with Trinidad TN16 before getting bitten off.

Still managed to pull 3 fish out of it, biggest 40#. My son landed his 1st yellowfin, caught in the morning 30#, flatfall, in US waters, on a 3/4 day trip.

Boat crew and skipper, Mike, were top notch. Never gave up. Don't be afraid to fish this boat with 51 people. The crew held a long range type session and emphasized getting to know each other and work together. We had majority rent rodders out there and could have slayed way more monsters with the right group.

Go get em.

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
I was on that trip with my 8 year old son. That fish weighed at the landing was #125.

The kid was on vacation from Boston. he showed up on deck with a spin rod and rent rod. He used a borrowed boat stick.

We ran into those monsters around 3pm. They did not drop down much when the skipper drifted into them. All hell broke loose when the bait was brailed. I hooked one on the flatfall and was almost spooled on the 1st run with Trinidad TN16 before getting bitten off.

Still managed to pull 3 fish out of it, biggest 40#. My son landed his 1st yellowfin, caught in the morning 30#, flatfall, in US waters, on a 3/4 day trip.

Boat crew and skipper, Mike, were top notch. Never gave up. Don't be afraid to fish this boat with 51 people. The crew held a long range type session and emphasized getting to know each other and work together. We had majority rent rodders out there and could have slayed way more monsters with the right group.

Go get em.
nice report, that is the biggest thing getting every buddy on the same page

drseiler

Super-Model
Mar 19, 2006
Camp North-Star
Name
Hal Danish or Harry Tators
Boat
19' Mako
Crime in Italy that's a nice feeesh. Congrats to this kid.