Superfecta

Superfecta
Oct 6, 2004
Los Angeles
Name
Matt
Boat
33 Grady White, Papa Says
Sorry for the late report, but didnt get back until a little late and then Sunday was cleaning day.

Short Story is 6 bft from 15-40lbs. Plus bonus bottom fish for 30 minutes at the end of the day.

Left Friday night with squid and sardines. Got to tanner around 530am Saturday. Only 2 people were awake at 6:00am. We metered around and found the squid holding at around 35 ft, or at least that is what I think they were. We landed the 30 and 40lber at that time, more people would have caught more fish. Then it was a long plunker bite for the remaining 4, about one an hour. They definitely preferred squid, but did get bit on sardine. We were in 300-400 ft of water. IMG_0922.jpegIMG_0928.jpeg

Caught sand dabs on the east end of the bank. Went bottom fishing for about 30 minutes. Got hammered on a dab, but didnt get it. But there are some big bottom critters there and that was really fun.

Long run, super happy that gas prices are so cheap... But we made a day of it.

Matt

SMYLEE

3 different fishermen use this account
Mar 9, 2011
San Diego, CA, USA
Name
""
Boat
24'custom
Yea them gas prices... makes me glad I only have a 60gallon tank.
Filling up at the fuel dock is always a joy these days. Great job out there I'm glad someone's been out ther catching! Do you happen to know/remember what the water temp was

Upvote 0

Superfecta

Superfecta
Oct 6, 2004
Los Angeles
Name
Matt
Boat
33 Grady White, Papa Says
Water temp was 62-63. It was 60-61 on the way out.

The weather turned amazing, probably 70-75 out there and clear as can be. Saw shooting stars on the way out. Stunning.

Upvote 0