Kingfisher

Kingfisher
Oct 11, 2004
SD
Name
scott
Boat
Pursuit 3800
Left SD bay this morning with good bait and headed towards to 43, water was cold and nothing going in there so continued towards SCI and came upon the flotilla. Stayed east of them and after soaking baits and chunking for an hour got the first of the day on a sinker rig with a nice sardine. Went quiet after that so made the decision to troll around a bit and settled in a second spot west of the fleet. Same drill, sinker rig and chunking. First was about 50lbs and 2nd 60. Nothing so we headed towards PL and the seas calmed down and the win died and it was greasy for the next 30 miles. Got foggy and a bit windy a few miles from the point.

lots of fish out there, go get em.

scott

Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    Way to give a go and GET SOME! Solid Work. LOL
    No FISH PICS? The gang likes fish pics and bloody decks!

BEEF.jpg

Reactions: Yellowtl_addict

pacificscout

Hey! You got any frozen ice?
  • Jul 28, 2012
    Fullerton
    Name
    Wally
    Boat
    16ft Scout EMBUSTERO
    I've read a lot of reports of running and gunning only to have fish sink out.
    I like that you chunked and waited. Soak up the surroundings and enjoy the calm before the BF storm.

Reactions: Tuna Dreamer
    Upvote 0

Kingfisher

Kingfisher
    Oct 11, 2004
    SD
    Name
    scott
    Boat
    Pursuit 3800
    Fish were about 50 to 75’ down. I’ve been fortunate enough over the past few years to take my east coast chunking upbringing to the game. It works, I was using left over small sardines that I had frozen and guess what was in their belly, those sardines. I’ve caught BFT the last 3 years sitting and chunking. Fishing is a patience game.

Upvote 0

Shon

Fish til I can't fish no more
  • Jan 21, 2014
    Redondo Beach/ Mammoth
    Name
    Shon
    Boat
    Spirit of Adventure/ Pac Voyager
    Great job out there. Bluefin fishing can be very frustrating. Enjoying the day and catching some fish beats any good day at work. Thanks for the report

Upvote 0

tunakillerjoe1

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Jul 24, 2017
    San Diego, Calif
    Name
    Joseph Gratteau
    Boat
    Valco Westcoaster 150'
    Patience! I do not have time for patience!! AAARRRRGGG! Good report, good job getting them! Pics are always good too-

Upvote 0