TJ33

The tug is the drug
Jul 23, 2020
San Francisco
Name
Tom
Boat
Grady White 226
Saw a couple jumbos caught out of Monterrey, around the corner and south. Fish were said to have been caught off Pt Sur. Great looking water out by the 601 and outside of Monterrey canyon. Who’s looking?

Upvote 0

openclass

Slam
  • May 28, 2009
    Napa
    Name
    Rick
    Boat
    Parker 2820
    Where the heck did you see that.....they have been gone till you brought it up?

Upvote 0

TJ33

The tug is the drug
    Jul 23, 2020
    San Francisco
    Name
    Tom
    Boat
    Grady White 226
    Coastside fishing club. Two fish caught on a charter 10 miles off pt sur. New info that a commercial boat put in 45 BFT just 35 miles from Monterrey. Back in 2015, there were plenty of BFT around until early November all the way up to bodega bay

Upvote 0

jayyyy

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Oct 7, 2008
    NorCal
    Name
    jay
    Boat
    '04 Sea Pro 220 WA / 225 Honda
    Hmm, wonder why Bayside didn't mention this on their reports. It would be great to get a fall tuna bite.

Reactions: openclass
    Upvote 0

openclass

Slam
  • May 28, 2009
    Napa
    Name
    Rick
    Boat
    Parker 2820
    The Coastside report say the fish were caught on the Pacifica. As far as I know the Pacifica is out of San Diego......I'm calling it a BS report until someone backs it up.

Upvote 0

TJ33

The tug is the drug
    Jul 23, 2020
    San Francisco
    Name
    Tom
    Boat
    Grady White 226
    Bayside did report it on 10/10. Question is are these fish in close like they were in July/August or are they out on the break

Upvote 0

davedave

Almost A Member
    Sep 16, 2009
    Santa Cruz
    Name
    Dave
    Boat
    26' ACB
    After looking at the SST's last week I ran out to take a look..... (Starting from Santa Cruz) I went down to 40/40, then up to the 601.
    62-63 degree water, clean and deep blue. Tons of bait almost everywhere, a few whales, some dolphins........no Tuna for us. I pulled up on numerous bait boils throughout the day and threw/dropped iron but no luck. I was actually surprised at how many times I saw bait boiling the surface, and how large some of those boils were. More than I have seen before.
    Trolled slow, trolled fast, trolled in tight, trolled way way back, trolled in circles, trolled everything in the box.
    Was a beautiful day on the water though.
    Saw a couple jumbos caught out of Monterrey, around the corner and south. Fish were said to have been caught off Pt Sur. Great looking water out by the 601 and outside of Monterrey canyon. Who’s looking?

Upvote 0

jayyyy

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Oct 7, 2008
    NorCal
    Name
    jay
    Boat
    '04 Sea Pro 220 WA / 225 Honda
    Sounds like the dinner table is set, good water temp and color.....fingers crossed.

Upvote 0

CaliJeepHuntr

Almost A Member
    May 21, 2008
    San Luis Obispo
    Name
    Nick
    Boat
    Hot Wired - 2320 Parker (Dad's)
    Jmsportfishing from Monterey check their instagram

I looked at their instagram and I don't see anything there...? I looked at their website and there was nothing on their fish counts. I don't even know of a boat in the Monterey area by the name of Pacifica. I thought that was a San Diego boat...

This whole thing sounds fishy.

Reactions: Icantswim
    Upvote 0

montereymarlin

Almost A Member
    Apr 21, 2015
    Name
    N. M. S.
    Boat
    TrevorBrian
    I looked at their instagram and I don't see anything there...? I looked at their website and there was nothing on their fish counts. I don't even know of a boat in the Monterey area by the name of Pacifica. I thought that was a San Diego boat...

This whole thing sounds fishy.
    A deckhand posted the pics,, It's for real, no fishy business lol.. Think they went back out the next day and got more, but not sure how many. JMSportfishing in Monterey has a boat named the Pacifica.

Upvote 0

CaliJeepHuntr

Almost A Member
    May 21, 2008
    San Luis Obispo
    Name
    Nick
    Boat
    Hot Wired - 2320 Parker (Dad's)
    A deckhand posted the pics,, It's for real, no fishy business lol.. Think they went back out the next day and got more, but not sure how many. JMSportfishing in Monterey has a boat named the Pacifica.

Why are there no pictures on their instagram or website? Why is there nothing in their fish counts about it? I see in their link here https://jmsportfishing.com/about/ that they were working to add a third boat to the fleet... being the Pacifica.

I want to believe this, but seems like they would be making a move to get more people out there for bluefin in their own backyard if they were getting them like you say they were.

Upvote 0

Chinny

Aug 24, 2015
    Santa Cruz
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    21' Seaswirl Striper - Whitetrash
    Going the next three days with kite and dead flyers / yummies. I’m gonna give em hell. We have three boats on the weekend. They’re there. 3 hooked and 2 landed on Monday. That’s additional to the 4 hooked and 2 landed on Friday.

Upvote 0

montereymarlin

Almost A Member
    Apr 21, 2015
    Name
    N. M. S.
    Boat
    TrevorBrian
    Why are there no pictures on their instagram or website? Why is there nothing in their fish counts about it? I see in their link here https://jmsportfishing.com/about/ that they were working to add a third boat to the fleet... being the Pacifica.

I want to believe this, but seems like they would be making a move to get more people out there for bluefin in their own backyard if they were getting them like you say they were.
    Yea, I agree, you’d think they’d be posting the hell out of it everywhere. But, that kid that works in the rig has been around here for a long time. I get the skepticism, but it’s not bs. Monterey is a small place and I don’t think anyone could get away with a stunt like that lol especially bring one of the only 2 party boats in the harbor.

Reactions: CaliJeepHuntr
    Upvote 0

montereymarlin

Almost A Member
    Apr 21, 2015
    Name
    N. M. S.
    Boat
    TrevorBrian

Going the next three days with kite and dead flyers / yummies. I’m gonna give em hell. We have three boats on the weekend. They’re there. 3 hooked and 2 landed on Monday. That’s additional to the 4 hooked and 2 landed on Friday.
    Planning on Saturday or Sunday as well! From the pics I did saw, they were trolling the big rapalas

Upvote 0

Tom Kim

Almost A Member
    Aug 5, 2008
    Fairfield CA
    Name
    Tom
    Boat
    Grady White 272 Sailfish
    Just an fyi.. I called j&m receptionist several days ago.. She verified and confirmed the landing of 2 BFT for last week. Pacifica is a whale watching boat and rarely does fishing. My guess is they spotted some jumpers while whale watching. They either started trolling for them or came back out after dropping customers off. Just my guess!!

Upvote 0

eliner

Almost A Member
    Aug 10, 2008
    PACIFIC GROVE/CA/USA
    Name
    DAVID
    Boat
    E-LINER
    Or this is a old photo to get interest, don't think pacifica can charter fishing trips and all these trips seem to be private. Even after the Instagram they would take name for possible trip. ???? who does that.
    He landed those fish when and where that is another mystery. No other sightings of BF for a couple months here. when they were here mutible sightings every day from myself and other fishermen.
    I may be wrong but just strange report all I am saying and my opinion. Like it to be true.
    I also went out 2 days ago and trolled 25 miles to big sur, no tuna, no radio chatter

Upvote 0

James Walls

Jun 27, 2019
    Watsonville, Ca
    Name
    Jim
    Boat
    21ft Striper
    I believe there is a group of buddies that go out on it. I've seen pics of two different trips from months ago and its the same guys on it..one I fished with on a charter out of San Diego this year

Upvote 0

eliner

Almost A Member
    Aug 10, 2008
    PACIFIC GROVE/CA/USA
    Name
    DAVID
    Boat
    E-LINER
    I believe there is a group of buddies that go out on it. I've seen pics of two different trips from months ago and its the same guys on it..one I fished with on a charter out of San Diego this year
    so probably old shots hate to say, no one has seen any sign of BF and a lot of boats went out yesterday covered alot of ground

Upvote 0

Tom Kim

Almost A Member
    Aug 5, 2008
    Fairfield CA
    Name
    Tom
    Boat
    Grady White 272 Sailfish
    Their were alot of people that went out last few days and again today. There were coupe numbers called out. 601 area and another towards the dog bone area.

Upvote 0